[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Seems like 88 always get the scraps.

Whatā€™s happened with 88 Filmsā€™ blu-ray releases of The Mercenary and Navajo Joe, both of which were scheduled for release today according to Amazon UK? Does anyone know? I pre-ordered The Mercenary back in January but, although Amazon have my order still listed as ā€œarriving tomorrowā€ (I didnā€™t expect it today despite the release date since itā€™s a bank holiday here), they havenā€™t dispatched it yet, or taken any money, and 88 Films seem to have gone pretty f*cking quiet on both pictures. Have I missed a delay announcement or do they regularly miss their announce dates without explanation?

EDIT: Well! So far, 88 Films have managed to ignore my enquiries as to the status of The Mercenary and Navajo Joe on Twitter, Facebook and via email. Theyā€™re not answering their phone either. The quadruple brush-off! What a quality outfit.

FURTHER EDIT: A response from them via Facebook. Not much of a response, but I suppose I should be thankful theyā€™ve deigned to respond at all:

FURTHER, FURTHER EDIT: Iā€™ve had an email today.

There have been confidential reasons that these titles have had to be delayed but as things stand we still donā€™t know when until so itā€™s hard to make any promises.

These issues donā€™t apply to Django Kill at all and that will be released on itā€™s scheduled date no problem and will available from our webstore a good few weeks earlier.

Hope that helps

So I suppose theyā€™re getting there. A simple announcement wouldā€™ve helped, though.

Iā€™m in the same boat as you. Really disappointing from 88 films. I remember when I pre ordered Cemetery Without Crosses from Arrow that it actually came 2 days earlier than the release date.

1 Like

The good news is that Kino Lorber have said they will be releasing ā€œThe Mercenaryā€ sometime this summer on Blu-ray as well.

3 Likes

Plus, there is hardly a reason not to get the Koch disc :wink:

July 11: Kino Lorber will release The Hunting Party on DVD and BluRay

1 Like

Kino Lorber?! Those f*ckbums lock all their discs to region A, though! I already do a voodoo dance every morning as it is, in the hope that the Kino Lorber executives all develop explosive diarrhoea all over themselves. A plague on their houses, I say! :slight_smile:

This is probably the way forward. I really should utilise Amazon Deutschland and the German release market far more than I do.

EDIT: And this is what I have done, just now. Cancelled my 88Films Mercenary order, and my pre-order of the 88Films Django Kill too while I was at it (Iā€™ve got the Blue Underground blu anyway). If they ever pull their finger out and release these blus I may look again, if the reviews from my SWDB brethren are favourable. But Iā€™m not impressed with the ignorance from them, not impressed at all.

Iā€™d forgotten about that one. I think Iā€™ll wait to see who has the best transfer.

[quote=ā€œlast.caress, post:1689, topic:660ā€]
and my pre-order of the 88Films Django Kill too while I was at it (Iā€™ve got the Blue Underground blu anyway)[/quote]

Iā€™ve been wondering, how come you ordered the 88 blu-ray of Django Kill if you already had the Blue Underground one? because the latter is region free right?

I dunno really. Giddy on pre-order pre-emptiveness, maybe. A bit like that time I stuck a load of different absinthe fountains and fondue sets on my Amazon wish list. To this day, I canā€™t remember why I did that. I donā€™t even like absinthe! I did used to like amphetamines though, maybe that explains it. :slight_smile:

Django Kill is a top, top favourite of mine though, and if thereā€™d been a chance for a better copy or a more feature-packed disc or something, I wanted in. I may buy it yet, I just think Iā€™ll wait until itā€™s out and someone else on here reports back on the product.

Iā€™ll admit I got the FilmArt blu-ray just for the lovely digibook packaging and German booklet which I canā€™t read :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone know anything about this a 333 copy limited edition of Un Dollaro Bucato?

http://amzn.to/2pt16tS

Iā€™d really like to re-watch this after 15 years if it has any English options!

Allā€™ultimo sangue (Bury Them Deep)

E poi lo chiamarono il magnifico (Man of the East)

in August.

2 Likes

Bury Them Deep on a Koch Blu-ray? :open_mouth:

Its a shame they ā€˜wasteā€™ a place in the collection by releasing Man of the East again. I know they write it is now even better but hey how manu releases of that movie do I really need in my collection :slight_smile:

Apparently Kino are releasing A Fistful of Dollars.

It must feel pretty badass to own rights to the dollars films.

Cool news, page updated:
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Per_un_pugno_di_dollari/BluRay

Wow, thatā€™s pretty nice. Itā€™ll be good to see a brand new print of the film not released by MGM.

Yes! I was getting sick of MGM thinking they can do everything better.

Well the best release with English audio was the Italian blu-ray. Thatā€™s the one Kino have to improve upon to get my money.

1 Like