[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases 📀

And now also announced, FAFDM

1 Like

Those bloody Germans and their, lets present this release in a thousand different covers. How does the X-Rated release correspond with this release:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XKHC96W//ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=italowestern-21&linkId=482018a17a4b8c874a1245d7d1f3dcf5

Same release, different packaging?

1 Like

LOL! Like you won’t lap it up! :grin:

(Ah, cool, the “quote” thing’s working again)

2 Likes

I already did! But it’s not here yet.

(Just two reasons to start-- to replace my bad copy of “Adios, Gringo” from NEW and my lousy DVD-r of “Wanted.”)

The X-rated release is limited to 66 pieces only and made after some “harcore packaging collectors” asked for it.
It will be no. 20 in the Spaghetti Western collection they started many, many years ago.
The disc is the same as in the Mediabook from VZ.
Btw, X- rated will release also a Spaghetti Western in their current ECC series (blu ray mediabooks). The title is not anounced yet but it seems that the release is planned for autumn.

2 Likes

Only if not available elsewhere. I hate mediabooks, steelbooks and those damn hardcases X-Rated is so fond of.

2 Likes

Cuts, packaging versions and title madness in Germany.

Why so many title changes? I understand the Django This and Django That, but the 1955 Nicholas Ray western “Run for Cover,” starring Jimmy Cagney, is “In the Shadow of the Gallows” in Germany. Looking for US westerns there is a nightmare.

not with the internet at your disposal

The SWdb is an absolute treasure for SWs. Indispensable.

But not for US westerns.

I buy some US westerns in Germany because they’re either less than half the price of US DVDs (“Run for Cover”), the movies aren’t available at all in the US (“The Kid from Texas”, 1951), or they’re better quality than the inferior DVD-rs offered here for some films.

I was looking at some Koch Media box sets. It took time to figure out what was in them.

i don’t get it, usually takes a few seconds on imdb to find titles…

Oh. I haven’t used imdb for that. I wasn’t aware it offered all titles for all movies throughout the world.

Thanks and

Sorry.

Lessons learned:

Do not bother translating movie titles. They often bear no resemblance to the original.

Do not limit oneself to the mobile imdb! (The only version I’ve ever used)

I often use ofdb.de for finding German titles. Also contains info for most if not all German releases. An invaluable site.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll use that.

I decided to look up “The Wonderful Country” (1960), a Robert Mitchum film, on the full imdb to find the German title “Heisse Grenze.” And what do you know, I see on Amazon.de a DVD from Explosive at 1/3 the price of an American release. (A great flick based on the Tom Lea (of El Paso) novel.)

It’s a good thing postage from Germany to the US is so low (not the other way, unfortunately). And no VAT. :slight_smile:

I started my current Western mania a number of years ago with SWs and only recently have been exploring old 1950s/early 1960s US westerns. Amazing how many little things from them show up in Italy later… On the whole I do find SWs more entertaining.

Dorado Films just announced on Facebook that they will release a blu-ray double feature of Dinamita Jim and A Train for Durango:

For the Spaghetti Western fans… We are projecting to release our first double feature Bluray with the film titled “Dinamita Jim” and A train for Durango. Single releases will include titles such as: Fort Yuma Gold, El Yankee, Gating Gun [Robert Woods] and a double Cameron Mitchell release. The first is projected to be out by years end, we will fine tune our dates within this month for your information.

Doesn’t sound too bad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

/looking up Dinamita Jim/

The Cameron Mitchell must be “Minnesota Clay” and “Jim il primo”/“The Last Gun.” They’re the only possibilities.

GBU specs and cover

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1440330756023827&id=682934655096778

1 Like

Seems like the link is broken right now…

Also does anybody else wish they didn’t use that specific poster as the cover? I’ve always felt it was the worst one compared to the others created.

From Kino:

"Besides the color correction (removing the yellowishness) we also made the following corrections and adjustments to create our 161 Minute cut of the Theatrical version:

1. The “flip cut” transition/optical wipe from “Tuco talking to Blondie and taking a bite of his cigar to being hung” was restored to its original version

2. The fadeout to black of the “gun shop owner with the sign in his mouth” scene is now a cut to exodus scene.

3. The fadeout of the “Blondie passing out as Tuco is bringing him water” scene happens exactly 1 second later than how it was on old MGM DVD release of the Theatrical Cut.

4. The dissolve from “night” scene to “coach arriving at the mission” scene now fades up from black

5. The shot of the train leaving the station (with Tuco and Wallace on it) was supposedly longer in the US theatrical cut, before cutting directly to Tuco in the train and not dissolving out earlier to the early morning camp scene - Our 4K of the 161 minute cut matches the old MGM DVD of the theatrical cut exactly."

2 Likes