[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases 📀

Take a read of this:

Bear in mind, they did return to separate releases in the end.

[quote=“Novecento, post:1541, topic:660”]Take a read of this:

Bear in mind, they did return to separate releases in the end.[/quote]

Here’s their announcement regarding switching back

Yeah, the first article is a load of bull (basically implying they didn’t know what they were doing), hence the second.

The reason why it doesn’t work is that neither complements the other. They’re not burgers and fries. They’re regular burgers and deluxe burgers. If you’re only hungry for one, why the fuck would you buy two?

If you have a blu-ray player, you’re not going to watch the dvd. If you only have a dvd player, you will not be able to watch the bd. You will always be stuck with one worthless item, even if you upgrade dvd to bd, in which case the dvd becomes worthless. But at least you already had the bd! Great fucking service. Whatever happened to customer is king? The public doesn’t get what the public wants, the public wants what the public gets (or so they seem to think).

But it makes perfect sense that producing one combined product would/could lower the price. Economics 101.

Also I don’t think that they should necessarily give the public what they want when what the public want is just plain wrong :slight_smile: No one, especially the film lovers Criterion, Blue Underground, etc. cater to, should find that dvd is good enough. Because it aint. It IS (in ideal cases) worse :slight_smile:

Reminds me of the days when a dvd contained both the correct widescreen version and a cropped 4:3 version of a movie. Waste of space.

Drop the dual format thingies and start releasing blu-ray only.

I never denied the first. To elaborate on my burger analogy: Let’s say Burger King has a box that fits two burgers: One cheap and one expensive. You only want one of the two, but you’re forced to buy both, because the packaging costs have been reduced this way. Economics 101. Bullshit. The reason it doesn’t work is obvious: Consumers rarely want to pay for goods/services that they have no use far/don’t want.

… hence the second half of my post :slight_smile: The dvd-buyers are the problem in all this because they are the ones that would have to throw out some more money to get the combined edition. Damn dvd-buyers. Said with a smile :slight_smile:

BAM

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/69639/get-mean/

BRUCE LEE blurays (UK - ‘Mediumrare’)

THE BIG BOSS
FIST OF FURY
WAY OF THE DRAGON
GAME OF DEATH

These blurays have just been released in UK.

It’s blimmin’ annoying that - before release - no details were (and still have not!) been released by the Company regarding extras, commentaries, etc.

Has anyone purchased these titles?

If so, are they worth buying…extras…picture quality etc?

Needless to say, I’ve been a fan of the incomparable Bruce Lee for many years…
No details O det

[quote=“Toscano, post:1548, topic:660”]BRUCE LEE blurays (UK - ‘Mediumrare’)

THE BIG BOSS
FIST OF FURY
WAY OF THE DRAGON
GAME OF DEATH

These blurays have just been released in UK.

It’s blimmin’ annoying that - before release - no details were (and still have not!) been released by the Company regarding extras, commentaries, etc.

Has anyone purchased these titles?

If so, are they worth buying…extras…picture quality etc?

Needless to say, I’ve been a fan of the incomparable Bruce Lee for many years…
No details O det[/quote]

off topic, amigo

Red Sun has come out on BD in the UK from Studio Canal: it looks mediocre[url]Red Sun Blu-ray (Soleil rouge) (United Kingdom), coming from an old master, but it’s not too bad and may well be the best we’ll ever get.

The same will also arrive in Germany in two weeks

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Soleil_rouge/BluRay

My review of Get Mean
http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Get_Mean_BluRay_review

Forgive me if this has already been discussed (I did look but couldn’t find anything).
Could someone tell me if the Mill Creek double bill Bluray of Keoma and The Grand Duel is actually just Region A or will it play in Region B players? I’m assuming the quality ain’t up to much but it is just so damn cheap at the moment I would still get it if it will play in my UK player.

Here’s the link to Amazon to show the one I mean: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NYZ9YI?ie=UTF8&tag=spaghetti-western-20

Sleeve says region A. Quality is good! Must buy, considering the price.

It’s definitely region A locked.

Their other one Four Dollars of Revenge/Last Gun is region free though.

Bugger. That’s a pity. Great price but no point if it won’t play.
Would be nice if Blu players were easily unlocked like DVD players are but as far as I’m aware I can’t get round the region thing on mine.

Arrow just asked fans what box sets they’d like to see in 2016 so let’s get vocal about a Sartana set? To the Facebook!

I believe the quality* is actually surprisingly good The Grand Duel / Keoma Blu-ray (Spaghetti Western Double Feature / Il grande duello/The Big Showdown / Keoma) (and the Keoma is, of course, an undisputed masterpiece that nobody has ever criticised ever).
Unfortunately that doesn’t help you (or me, for that matter) if it won’t play…

• video quality mostly - they’re a bit negative about the audio…

Yes, Keoma looked awesome when I watched it with my friend who had region a player and a projector and a screen. Didn’t expect that for such a low price disc.

So anyone already waiting for their Sledge BluRay?

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/A_Man_Called_Sledge/BluRay