[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Absolutely, well spoken!

First time postā€¦

Received the blu ray box set from Cult Films at the beginning of December (less than a week after ordering) and had been waiting a long time for this particular release. Was especially keen to see Keoma, as I hadnā€™t seen it before.

Due to time constraints Iā€™ve only watched one film in this collection, but picture and sound quality were both great.

2 Likes

What happened with the release of Fort Alamo? Is it out yet?

Depends on when they receive delivery from the factory. I assume itā€™ll be January until it shipsā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely a little bit overwhelming with releases lately. I would love to support and buy the releases of Fort Alamo, Four Bullets for Joe, A Bullet For Sandoval, all the latest Explosive Media titles but itā€™s really a hard hit on the wallet with all the stuff coming out :sweat_smile:

Yeah itā€™s a double edged sword, as they say. On the one hand great to see all that stuff coming out, on the other hand thereā€™s a real danger none of these sell well because theyā€™re cannibalizing the little potential cash out there earmarked for itā€¦ which may lead to less releasesā€¦

Yes, and movies like Four Bullets for Joe and Fort Alamo is really just for the hardcore completist. It will not attract the average boutique-blu ray buyers that gets all the Arrow, Eureka, Vinegar Syndrome releases whatever the title is.

2 Likes

Myself includedā€¦Fort Alamo and Four Bullets are releases I honestly donā€™t need in my collection. Spending a lot recently so not just buying to buy.

1 Like

ā€œFunnyā€ that on my Amazon UK order it stated arriving December 19-30, until about a week ago, then arriving December 30 and from today arriving by Saturday.

However all the time it also has stated that the package hasnā€™t been dispatched.
My humble estimation of the probability for Savage Guns to be shipped by Amazon UK via the chosen Standard delivery within a short time to reach my Spain winter residence by Saturday, i.e. within 4 days, is that it is limited :slight_smile:
I hope it does arrive before I return to my northern location in April 2024 !

1 Like

Yeah I donā€™t know what theyā€™re doing. Still no updated estimate for me.

my moneyā€™s on the Hut group hanging amazon UK out to dry :wink:

1 Like

Whatever it is it sucks. Think Iā€™ll stop using them in the future.

which is precisely what I believe the Hut group aims to achieve. But then again, nothing wrong ordereing from arrow directly, I think they also still have that points system? zavvi also has good prices (same corporation)

Iā€™ve bought from Arrow before too.

I ordered Savage Guns directly from Arrow (preorder) and if memory serves me right, it was more expensive than Amazon, but delivery was immediate and prompt.

Iā€™ve been away working a lot, but think it was delivered on a Friday (either the day of release, or maybe even before).

Use Amazon fairly regularly, but sometimes the bigger boxsets can be damaged through poor packagingā€¦not the actual packaging itself, but the person doing the packaging.

My order of Savage Guns now says ā€˜weā€™ll email you when availableā€™. I am not in any great hurry TBH with a backlog to get through so I can wait. Looks like Arrow havenā€™t shipped them anything and are busy doing their own orders or else Amazonā€™s commission is proving exhortitant so they can wait.

1 Like

Itā€™s a shame how poor Arrowā€™s general customer care and service has become since being bought out by the Hut Group.

1 Like

Is that Arrow UK or US?

An ā€˜Amazonā€™ employee, in charge of distributing the eagerly-anticipated ā€˜Savage Gunsā€™ BD Boxset to sites such as ā€˜SWDBā€™, went to his local Proctologist, to explain that he was suffering from a particular, embarrassing, ā€˜behind-the-scenesā€™ problem.

The Proctologist asked him to go behind a screen and reveal the affected troublesome area.

Upon viewing the patient, the Proctologist enquired: ā€œWhy have you just shown me your elbow?ā€

1 Like

Savage Guns currently is not listed at zavvi.com, nor is it listed at Arrowā€™s own shop. There seems to be something amiss other than an anti Amazon campaign.