[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

my guess is that Hut prioritizes their own channels first (zavvi, etc), has anyone ordered there? or from arrow directly?

I experienced the exact same thing with the last Arrow spaghetti set ordered through Amazon. Preordered months in advance but they didnā€™t ship it I think until 10 days after release. Nothing much to do about it. Donā€™t know if Arrow or Amazon is to blame really but if you want your stuff to arrive around release date you have to order directly from Arrow.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve had emails from them to delay the delivery twice, now Iā€™ve had a new one today to say that they are sorry but it will not be delivered by the 24th and there is no new estimate currently. Pretty poor when we have pre ordered it in advance and release date was supposedly the 11th.

Very strange, I ordered directly from Arrow and received the box last week.

I ordered mine from the U.S. Amazon shortly after it was announced, with a release date of this past Tuesday, and received mine yesterdayā€¦though I havenā€™t seen it yet as I had it shipped directly to the in-laws so that I could have some sort of escape on hand while visiting over the upcoming holiday weekend.

With my experience, Amazon can never be trusted when it comes to pre-orders. When FilmArt released The Avenging Eagle Blu-Ray some months ago I pre-ordered it same day as it came up on Amazon. On the release date it said ā€œout of stockā€, and when I contacted them about it they just told me that I would have to wait until itā€™s back in stock basically, it was limited to 2000 copies.

It reminded me of that Seinfeld episode when he tried to reserve a car :joy:. Thankfully I got a copy at lastā€¦

With Arrow and Eureka Iā€™ve only had positive experiences.

1 Like

As of last month I decided to never order boxsets and deluxe editions from Amazon as they always use those damn infuriating plastic bags. While Iā€™ve been lucky in the past to not have any dents or dings, I just donā€™t wanna run the risk anymore. I might be paying a little more at places like DiabolikDVD and Orbit DVD, but they do use bubble wrap and sturdy boxes so I donā€™t have to worry.

1 Like

I ordered my Savage Guns directly from Arrow and I have recieved it, after a little delay in the Swedish customs.

1 Like

Yh it seems to be an UK Amazon issue for some reason. I donā€™t mind as long as it turns up sooner than later. Its still bad though. Not sure whether to cancel and order from Arrow or just wait it out. Will probably wait at this point, so close to christmas, and hope for better news next week. Not as if Iā€™ll be watching it right away with so much else going on. Rubbish service from amazon.

1 Like

Same @makesthemovie I unfortunately did have some bad Amazon experiences so I order from alternate sources as well to ensure a pristine copy. Worth the extra cash to me!

1 Like

Same problem here with. Amazon Uk.
The last box set from them arrived late- the ship date on their site that time was better than the d as te mine shipped on pre orderšŸ¤ 

Another theory: labels (or corps like The Hut Group which own Arrow, Zavvi etc) deliberately under-supply Amazon with their products so shopping their is shittier comparied to shopping with them

2 Likes

Hey guys, remember how Kino announced a 4K release of Duck, You Sucker over the summer? Well Kino Lorber has just stated that release has been canceled :confused:

1 Like

Update: I ended up ordering directly from Arrow, and it arrived in 3 days. The deliberate under supplying theory could be true for Amazon.

where?

Edit. Found it

Yeah that was I who asked for the update. Kind of a bummer but maybe one day!

Atleast they confirmed Once Upon A Time in the West in 4K in 2024!

well itā€™s hardly a confirmation but a well informed assumption but thereā€™s hoping. I still shudder at the thought that Paramount may yet fuck it up colossallyā€¦

3 Likes

Honestly, nowĀ“s the chance to finally give OuatitW the release it deserves. However, IĀ“m afraid they will phone it in. While itĀ“s sad that a possible definitive version of D,YS has been cancelled, that is the Leone film in the least need of a definitive edition.Come on, Paramount. DonĀ“t mess it up!

Yeah, and who knows if LFG will do any better in Italy, I mean itā€™s also overdue in Italy in 4K. At least thereā€™s always a chance for someone to do a fan mix-up of an Italian and an international 4K release if one or the other fails on some fronts :slight_smile:
I mean though, itā€™s really not hard to fix it, Paramount. Itā€™s not like they have to go through the entire movie and redo all the little cuts and edits, I am fine with it not being exactly the Italian cut, but at least they need to fix the big flaws and those canā€™t be huge workā€¦ also nobody needs new extras, this should be a cheap release do do actuallyā€¦ we just want our favorite movie in the best possible quality with the few flaws fixed. thatā€™s it

2 Likes