[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

EL ROJO
I now have wateched YT and Mediacs Blu Ray parallel.
Both run with 25 fps.
It is a little tricky but this is what I detected:
Even YT version runs about 1 minute longer it is shorter than the BD :wink:
On nearly every recut the BD version is missing a few pictures. That is often the fact when companies restore the prints. So when watching parallel you need to stop the BD for the wink of an eye every time the scenes switch to be parallel again. So, you feel that the BD is running faster.
The YT version misses a scene before Susan Scott is singing. There is a short bar room brawl and a man is thrown out. That scene is on BD, so even runtime is shorter BD is longer than YT.
I have not compared it with other versions yet.
Picture quality of BD is OK but German dub is out of synch a few timesā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. A BD of a theatrical movie (as in celluloid film) with 25fps is kinda ā€œwrongā€ anyway. Add to this the sync problems, and it seems Iā€™ll have to wait yet a little longer for my first ever Mediacs purchase.

1 Like

Yeah 25fps :roll_eyes:. It may be awhile before I purchase a blu-ray from them too.

1 Like

I put the odds of them announcing at 99.99% and if theyā€™re really crazy they may even announce more than one, who knows, haha (one can hope). I have previously made some assumptions regarding their StudioCanal connections so my money is on something out of a license package with themā€¦ December 12, 7pm Germany time, on their social media livestream. We shall see.

3 Likes

I wonder what the plans are once this set it wrapped up. I personally would prefer less extravagant sets and have move films be releasedā€¦and also easier to get ahold of.

4 Likes

Yeah, the no international shipping thing is a bit of a ball breaker.

3 Likes

Totally. Yes theyā€™re nice looking and lots of work goes into them but for example whatā€™s with the DVD stuff? I am actually fine with Explosive Mediaā€™s new bare bones route for the most part other than the scarce extrasā€¦ Iā€™d rather get three spaghetti westerns for 30 bucks and tuck them away in the shelf like any other flick than getting just one for thirty only after applying discounts rarer than unicorns. And who has space to put up all these posters anyway? :wink:

4 Likes

Btw Plaion will provide a discount code during the live stream valid for probably a very short time so those who want to execute quickly, bear that in mind.

Update: 5 EUR off until midnight Germany time with code LIVE!

Update 2: As expected, the next title is THE TRAMPLERS. Will be adding info to the database as soon as I can access it.

Update 2: They may extend the series to 15 titles

4 Likes

Almost messed up. I missed the bigger news: in the closing credits of their live stream, Django appearsā€¦ so it seems theyā€™ll release Django in 2024. Hooray.

1 Like

This oneā€™s a mixed bag for me, the film is interesting from the little Iā€™ve watched, but I feel like Albert Band focused a little too much on the inner turmoil andmelodrama within the Cordeen family, but Iā€™m completely willing to give it a proper chance.

Iā€™ve grown really fond of the original Django film over the years, but not sure at the moment if Iā€™ll double dip on it on it, itā€™ll all depend on the presentation.

1 Like

By the way, I just noticed there are now a few SW on Paramount+, including El Rojo. Their version runs 78.15 with an Inked Pictures logo at the beginning.

Oh dearā€¦

German Ringo double feature 4K edition now officially announced. Adding info to the database now. 2024 title. no date.

3 Likes

been waiting for an update on that. Nice to hear itā€™s still coming out

No Spaghetti Western from Explosive Media in February :tired_face:

not yet :wink: Update: yes, no spaghettis from EM February/March as it stands right now.

3 Likes

Maybe as a Christmas miracle we could get a Dead Men Ride Blu Ray? :pray:

2 Likes

Is anyone having a problem with the Savage Guns box set. Mine was ordered via Amazon and the delivery has been delayed (originally was to be Saturday) and now wonā€™t be before Christmas.

1 Like

if itā€™s any consolation, NONE of the savage gun boxes ordered thru the SWDbā€™s UK Amazon links have shipped yet

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t even get mine from Amazon as it said sold out, which I find hard to believe. Something else is going on there.

2 Likes