[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases 📀

I put together a little unboxing vid of the two sollimas on the Youtube channel

4 Likes

I’m told we should look out for an announcement from Arrow around the end of the month.

8 Likes

I believe from Plaion we should also hear within days, I am actually refreshing their channels regularly beause they might surprise us any hour …

4 Likes

Oh man. Really looking forward as to what they could have!!!

LOL … you’ll take what you’re given, and like it, young man! :wink:

I actually expect a Fidani :grin:. Classy labels do classy movies.

1 Like

A nice big Fidani boxset … that’s gotta be on the cards :thinking:

2 Likes

Surely that would be coming from Criterion though, not Plaion :joy:

1 Like

Can you imagine the bonus features … ‘Padding’, a documentary on the art of stretching a 20 minute story to 90 minutes, with the aid of mind numbing horse riding scenes.

‘Sandpit Memories’ Locations now and then. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

‘His Name Was Demofilo, but They Called Him … Dick, Slim, Danilo, Miles, Sean, Lucky, Demos, Dennis, Nedo & Alex’ Friends and colleagues remember his love of pseudonyms and the lengths he’d go to avoid paying his taxes :wink:

3 Likes

It’s really great to see more and more classics getting the proper release and treatment they deserve. This makes the genre more vital than ever. Whether it’s a youngster who’s curious about cult genre movies or the life long afficionado - it’s out there on the shelfs.

1 Like

next batch of Arrow Video announcements this Friday. I hope they have a bday gift for me in tow…

4 Likes

OH MY GOD :heart_eyes:

Fingers crossed for the Fidani! :rofl:

2 Likes

I hear they are indeed working on a “Maestro Fidani - his greatest works” 10-disc set, so that may be it. But it may be expensive due to the extensive hard cover book it comes with, holding all the great reviews and analysis of his masterpieces along with facsimiles of all the awards they have garnered over the decades. Save up gents, this will be the one.

2 Likes

Then the teaser image would be something that spits fire. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

:joy: very nicely put!

Spoiler alert:
it’s a box set of 10 discs, all of which are Shoot the Living Pray for the Dead, presented in various aspect ratios and colour timings. There’s even a VR version included.
Also, when you open each case, Jingle Bell starts playing.

5 Likes

there’s also a bonus feature which is just Kinski yelling insults

2 Likes

I used to actually think you were really a fan of that film, now it seems more like you have deep contempt for it :sweat_smile:

I don’t know what to think…

1 Like