[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

That would indeed be better!

OK I implemented it. Quick and easy improvement. I may make some other minor fixes, e.g. to the description, and double check all the titles if they now need to be put in a different category.

4 Likes

The SWDb has no review of the new ACE HIGH BluRay. Can someone write one?

Nothing in the Imprint nor in the Arrow Video March announcements :frowning:
I think we might have neared the end of 2022 newsā€¦ still hoping for a few cover reveals and some minor details. So far there have (as always) been almost daily updates to the calendarā€¦

1 Like

Sadly, I understand the next Arrow box set is likely to be more like Spring 2023 release now. Although I think the titles included will be mostly popular. :wink:

1 Like

but March is spring, no? :wink: so weā€™re already looking at April or later

I guess anytime in March, April or May would fall into the ā€œSpringā€ category. But, as we all know, these release dates are nothing if not fluid

2 Likes

is that good or bad? and does popular mean previously available?

Good, I think.
All previously unreleased in the UK on DVD or Blu as far as Iā€™m aware. Two are in the official top 50 although none from the top 20. Another which has only had cheap DVD releases in Germany and the U.S and another more well known one which has had various releases outside the UK in various lengths.

There you go. Some nice little teasers to keep you guessing over Christmas :smile:
Although I wonā€™t be confirming or denying any guesses. My lips are sealed beyond this. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

This is why when any UK release gets announced, I always assume youā€™ve known about it for years, then grab the popcorn when peopleā€™s reactions start flooding in.

Not really, but this set has been pushed back a bit (seemingly like all releases at the moment) so it seems like I have. :rofl:

Iā€™m sure you said this on the forum before plenty of times Phil, but how do you get all this juicy insider info? Do you work with these companyā€™s in some capacity?

1 Like

I think he frequents the same watering hole or something :wink: haha

2 Likes

No, I donā€™t work for any of them. Just know a few people and am very occasionally asked for an opinion. Nothing more than that.

2 Likes

I hope that you suggested Adois Gringo :wink: LOL. Love that film, one of the first spaghetti westerns I ever watched so it holds a special place.

Sadly, I was advised a lot of Gemma westerns wonā€™t get considered in the UK because of horse falls. Guess weā€™ll have to rely on the German/Swiss/Austrians to look after us on that front

3 Likes

hasnā€™t anyone ever tried to topple that stupid poliy through litigation?

1 Like

Sadly, I think the animal cruelty lobby is a bit stronger than the cinema purist one

1 Like

But itā€™s not about animal cruelty, itā€™s about censoring the fact that there was animal cruelty 50 years ago.

2 Likes

Youā€™re preaching to the choir with me mate. But thatā€™s how it is unfortunately