[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Interestingly, the problem in Germany is that a lot of old movies are or used to be ā€œbannedā€, and are now being ā€œliberatedā€ in swathes, because come companies have learned it is easier to go through the legal proceedings of getting these court orders etc. lifted than to try and sell these under the tableā€¦

Is this why Companeros has never had any kind of UK DVD or BluRay release? I remember one scene in particular with the bridge explosion and a bunch of horses being on it.

As for guesses, Iā€™m hoping for Forgotten Pistolero or Four of the Apocalypse! :hugs: They fit the Vengeance Trails theme at least.

Then you get people with buyerā€™s remorse who pretend to be contempt, and are ā€œgladā€ when it results in jarring jump-cuts. If they had the choice between cut and uncut, I donā€™t believe for a second theyā€™d choose the former.

While I think it is ridiculous to censor this stuff out of a film, I can also say this scene is the exact reason that I donā€™t hold Corbucci in as higher regard as most do. Having spent my life in the company of horses, I would love nothing more than to be able to travel through time just once so that I could go to the day that scene was filmed and kick the ever-living shit out of Mr. Corbucci so that he could experience just a bit of the pain and fear those poor horses felt.

3 Likes

They do, but I believe future sets will have different themes :wink:

1 Like

I like the ā€œrelease all spaghettisā€ theme the most

Itā€™s gonna be ā€œFranco & Ciccio: The Complete Spaghetti Collection.ā€ :wink:

Intriguing! Look forward to seeing what they release either way!

2 Likes

My guess is, and Iā€™m really hoping Iā€™m right, that the themeā€™s bounty hunting, and El Puro, $10,000 Blood Money and Vengeance is mine are three of them.

3 Likes

ā€™The Forgotten Pistoleroā€™; ā€˜El Puroā€™; and ā€˜Five Man Armyā€™ā€¦would be nice.

1 Like

Added Hannie Caulder (France, Nordics) and a May title to the calendar (Germany: Django Adios!)

For those who havenā€™t given up hope, there is a Paramount title they are announcing on Sunday :slight_smile:

We really need more eyes and ears to detect and find out about releases emerging in Spain, France, Italy, latinamerican countries, etcā€¦

The paramount title isnt what we hoped

Whenever I see Gaumont, Iā€™ll always think The Taste of Violence. One day :crossed_fingers:

So are we expecting anything decent from Cjamango and Django, The Last Killer releases? The mediabooks look nice and English friendly but I know this company does not have the best reputation.

Someone already posted about Camango somewhere

1 Like

Nice!!!

Damn

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmrandCOnkb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Coming soon to 4K UHD from Paramount Pictures. Sergio Leoneā€™s ā€œOnce Upon a Time in the Westā€ (1968) 4K UHD

1 Like

Long overdue

Theyā€™ll fuck it upā€¦ But letā€™s hope they donā€™t

1 Like