[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Cauldron Films just announced their two new pre-orders, and one of them isā€¦

IL MIO NOME E SHANGHAI JOE!!!

For details see Mio nome ĆØ Shanghai Joe, Il/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database

To all my buddies here in Europe, you can order this release from DiabolikDVD as contractual obligations wonā€™t allow Cauldronā€™s online store to sell overseas.

3 Likes

shit I take it back, I didnā€™t look close enough

1 Like

Glad to surprise you @Admin :smile:

1 Like

I got the Wild East Blu back when it came out a couple years back. Absolutely hated the damn thing. Cant stand that film. Only saving grace was Kinski for the brief moment heā€™s in it.

2 Likes

Oh I love the film! The question is whether to double dip as I too own the WE blu, which looks pretty good to my eyes. Where the Arizona Colt double dip was easy cause the WE blu was weak!

I canā€™t believe no one has posted the best part of the new Shanghai Joe release :rofl::

8 Likes

yeah I know what you mean about the Arizona Colt one, Iā€™ve been more than happy with it the past couple of years though. Iā€™m so grateful they released such excellent films as that and Requiem for a gringo and the Ugly Ones on Blu (among others)ā€¦ Man, they were a good company.

1 Like

What?! No way! Well I guess that swings it thenā€¦ :wink: :rofl:

4 Likes

If it had been a Klaus Kinski bobblehead then they would have had my attention. :laughing:

2 Likes

Agreedā€¦I know their releases werenā€™t perfect but I think thatā€™s often going to be the case with obscure cinema. To my knowledge they were the only ones to release The Price of Power on and English friendly Blu and Iā€™ll always love them for that.

1 Like

yeah, another great release. Its a shame, but was good while it lasted. they certainly did the genre proud.

1 Like

I agree entirely.

1 Like

MASSIVE PRICE DROP! THE BIG GUNDOWN limited edition at Amazon UK via this link now under 20 quid!
All details see Resa dei conti, La/BR - The Spaghetti Western Database

4 Likes

Just saw some good news and bad news on Blu Ray Disc Germany. The good news: $10,000 per un Massacro with Gianni Garko and Claudio Camaso is getting a Blu Ray, the bad news: Mediacs is the company thatā€™s releasing it. Still hoping Ulrich Bruckner is still negotiating with the rights holders.

1 Like

if theyā€™ve already announced it, I doubt it. And did he say he was?

Just very wishful thinking mainly, but I do plan on E-Mailing him to see if the negations for the film fell through.

Iā€™m not familiar with Mediacs so what makes that bad news?

Mediacs only sells through a retail store line called Mullerā€™s which only has locations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Spain, and Croatia, so wide international access is limited.

1 Like

Ugh that sucks

1 Like

Well others do store exclusives as well, there are other reasons for the labelā€™s bad rep I find more concerning but harder to pin down factually