[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Thatā€™s fair enough for me.

Count me in!!!

What donā€™t you like about it Bill? Itā€™s one of my favourite Gemma films, probably even more so than The Return of Ringo (which I still love massively). The only thing I think that really sucks is the English dubā€¦hopefully the Blu has Italian audio with English subtitles :crossed_fingers:

Here my taste is close to yours with 7/10 rating for both those SWs. Also very nice music in both by Morricone (Return Of Ringo) and Trovajoli(Long Days Of Vengeance).
I prefer Gemma with his more serious characters (even if I rate California very very low, 4/10, boring IMO and not interesting style).

I agree with the first bitā€¦I prefer his more serious spags to the likes of Ben and Charlie and Alive or Preferably Dead by a long way but I also love California. Itā€™s my third favourite Gemma film, after The Price of Power and Day of Anger (Priceā€¦ being number one, even though Iā€™m probably the only person here who would rate it that high). I think it is rough around the edges, like every Lupo film Iā€™ve seen, but I think itā€™s one of the greatest thrill rides in the genre.

and

There will be another western box set later this year but apparently not called Vengeance Trails II. It has another theme. Titles still very much on the hush hush so donā€™t ask me but think thereā€™ll be something to please everyone. :wink:

7 Likes

Still sounds very promising nonetheless :+1:

1 Like

First I thought Kirk Douglas, but didnā€™t ring a bell. Could it be something european?

ā€¦or The Salvation with Mads Mikkelsen?

1 Like

Man without a star

1 Like

Yes, could be ā€¦

he has hidden scars in that, and heā€™s definitely in a train car at the beginning

A E Dio Disse a Caino solo release maybe? Iā€™m thinking those eyes peeking out are those of Klaus Kinski.

Its Kirk Douglas, like Sebastianā€™s first instinct. I have now put the movie in and found the scene. Not the best pick for a release, but a decent movie nonetheless.

Sorry about the glare off the screen. :grin:

1 Like

good find! I wonder if they have any other interesting announcements to make. weā€™ll know more in 2h

They leaked on Amazon. Weā€™re getting Man Without a Star, Buster Keatonā€™s The Saphead and most excitingly, an Angela Mao double feature with Hapkido and Lady Whirlwind!

3 Likes

Never been interested in that stuff

1 Like

Never seen Man without a Star but big Kirk Douglas fan!

Well, itā€™s Douglas at his most intensive.

The film itself is an early forerunner of the twilight western themes of the 60s, with the cowboys increasingly losing their freedom and their life patterns in a changing society, concretised by Douglasā€™ fight against the barb wire, and his elopement from this new domestication of the soil. And Douglas is the right actor to change between vitality and rage in this drama of loss.

1 Like

Nice summary, thanks!!!