[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Just popped it into the player and it looks fantastic. For those who have the Film Movement disc: this may in fact be identical. The new subtitles are nice, and the extras are just ā€¦ plentiful omg.
Working on a full on review.

2 Likes

Some of the Tony Anthony films have been added to BluRay.com, albeit without any further info. Someone must know something else they wouldnā€™t try to get a head start feeding these into their systemā€¦ I will keep an eye out

2 Likes

Yeah, looks like the SILENT STRANGER quad is coming on blue ray. They have the date to be announced and have it where you can pre-order it, and they can notify you. This is on Blu-ray.com. Trying now to see if I can get a glimpse of the packaging, so far Iā€™m on 17 still searching lolā€¦ This is good news.

Actually, there are no packaging images yet to show yet.

there is no actual info on these releases other than the titles having been entered (which puts them at the top of ā€œrecently addedā€ where I usually lurk to spot upcoming releases)ā€¦ letā€™s keep an eye out which company went all in on these and leaked the info to someone workon on that website.

1 Like

Lets hope these actually happen. I really want to watch his 3 ā€˜Strangerā€™ films and it would be great for my first viewing to be on a lovely new transfer!

2 Likes

How is the English audio? Better than the FM release? And does it have subs for BOTH audio tracks?

Thx!

I concentrated mostly on the image when I checked it out yesterday. Need to recheck about the audioā€¦ my initial assumption is that itā€™s likely the same track. As for the subtitles, I saw only one subtitle track (the newly translated one), but I will recheck with the remote (the menu offers only on/off)

I want it anyway. I like Eureka.

2 Likes

btw I reached out to them and they did some additional color correction, because I noticed the colors on their disc popped a bit more than the FM disc.

4 Likes

BTW these are screnshots

5 Likes

Amazon have told me I wonā€™t be getting mine until December 4th :slightly_frowning_face:

Same here, but December 6th in my case. Not too bad if that happens 'cos itā€™s my birthday on that dayā€¦ Still peed off if it takes that long to arriveā€¦:grimacing:

However, we need to laugh about these thingsā€¦

Very positive early review here: https://www.framerated.co.uk/great-silence-1968/

1 Like

Positive, yes, but still only 3 of 5 stars ā€¦

It is kinda odd that Corbucciā€™s best westerns are still only insider tips, instead of being widely recognized as amongst the best the genre had to offer.

1 Like

Hi, Stanton. What do you mean, by ā€˜insider tipsā€™? Maybe Iā€™m just slow to catch onā€¦

By the way, I love S. Corbucciā€¦and ā€˜Djangoā€™, and ā€˜The Great Silenceā€™ are works of artā€¦:smiley:

To my mind, you can take any image from these SWā€™s, and frame them.

Maybe just my bad English, but an insider tip should be something that only a small group knows about.
It seems that outside the circle of western aficionados Corbucci is not much of a name. In Germany he had a certain reputation in the late 60s, but compared to Leone he is now a nothing.

Of course with all the bad and mediocre films he later made, he took himself enough care for his bad reputation.

Django, Il grande Silenzio and Il mercenario should be central films of the genre for everyone, for their virtuosic directing and their bold narrative and structural ideas.

5 Likes

Here is my review

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/The_Great_Silence_BluRay_review_(UK)

2 Likes

Well, Kino has sunk to a new low in the SW world, putting this turkey out February 8th 2022

So many other great titles for other companies in the world to release, and Kinoā€™s giving the BR love to a film I wouldnā€™t even rank in the top 100 of SWs.

6 Likes

This gives me hope for an Ultra 4K release of White Comanche sometime in the near future. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes