[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases 📀

I assume they’re aiming for the ‘oh cool a movie with Cleef and Palance, I should check this out’ crowd rather than the diehard SW fans who forced themselves to watch this. Atleast the cover arts are cool I guess

3 Likes

added to the Db earlier. I am happy about every high quality spaghetti that gets released, and by that I mean the quality of the disc, not necessarily the movie, because that’s a matter of taste :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I understand what you are saying completely - I really do. But, for me at least, it gets frustrating seeing God’s Gun get a nice release when there are so many classics in the genre that are so hard to find in any form, much less Blu-ray.

2 Likes

it’s because they’re hard to find that they’re not released though… chicken and egg

1 Like

In many cases, you are absolutely correct but then we have movies, as an example, like El Puro. It is an extremely hard to find film for the average collector but it is out there and worthy of a nice release. Dead Men Ride has the Koch release but it is still hard to find, especially for those of us in the U.S. The movie I saw the other day, Death Knows No Time, only has an old Japanese VHS release that I can find but it is out there. I think too often companies are content to pick the low-hanging fruit (and there isn’t much fruit hanging lower than God’s Gun) that can be produced with little cost. The Vengeance Trails set though proves that doesn’t have to be the case with a prime example being their release of Bandidos, an extremely difficult release to be had in the U.S. unless you get the made as you order Sinister Cinema release. It’s just frustrating to know that there are chunks of gold to be had but you are, for the most part, only being offered dirt.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is enough of buyers / collectors for the Spaghetti westerns, in the end it’s hard and costly for labels to get rights and good prints. Some of these 35mm prints are extremely rare. If you compare to the Kung Fu genre for example, there’s literally tons of gems that doesn’t have a proper release (even if there is available prints)… even some put out by Shaw Bros and GH. And there’s more fans for those movies than for Spaghs, which is a genre that has a few handful of films that we die hard fans want to see get released. Eureka, Arrow and 88 are doing an amazing job at the moment, hopefully they will continue like this but it’s getting harder and harder…

3 Likes

I don’t mind God’s Gun. I don’t mind White Comanche either. If a UK boutique distributor released either of them I’d be delighted; they’d both be immediate pre-orders.

2 Likes

Do you also walk on hot coals and sleep on a bed of nails?!?! :laughing:

3 Likes

An English language version of Death Knows No Time aka Tierra Brava is on YouTube. There are also fandubs of the Italian and Spanish TV versions. There is also a HD version of Dead Men Ride on a Spanish streaming site, which is cut compared to the Italian version.

1 Like

That’s where I saw Death Knows No Time and there is also a release of El Puro on YouTube under its alternate title The Reward’s Yours…The Man is Mine. I hadn’t seen Dead Men Ride on there.

This is the uncut SD version.

1 Like

Company interest is certainly a major and tricky issue in getting titles released. I almost wonder if maybe limited releases of 3,000 copies per title would be an answer for either yearly or quarterly releases. I would be totally fine with that as long as we had guarantees from places like Koch Media that SWs would become a little more frequent on their agendas.

1 Like

Most releases have way smaller batches, you’d be surprised how few of these movies sell

1 Like

Dang. Well, it was a good idea while it lasted. I’m still holding out hope though. :smiley:

Love this one, have the Koch disc

I actually don’t mind God’s Gun at all, so I don’t really have an issue with it getting a Blu-ray release. The main disappointment for me is that there’s so many better films that don’t even have a good DVD release whereas God’s Gun is already available from MGM with a decent print.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if Ulrich Bruckner’s company Explosive Media is still planning on doing their releases of 10,000 Dollari per un Massacro and Per 100,000 Dollari ti Ammazzo? I’m hoping we’ll get them for 2022.

Some details on the upcoming Koch disc for Boot Hill, mostly interesting because it’s shaping up to be an “allround carefree” release especially for Germans with the various German cuts and dubs available over the years…

https://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=828492

I really want to get the nicer edition. Is there any website that will ship to the UK?

I’ve checked their Online Shop and unfortunately they don’t ship to the UK, or the US where I am. They do ship to Ireland strangely enough. Our fine @Admin Sebastian has offered to help anyone who’s interested in the better edition of the film.