[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

thanks, adding all these to the database right now

Edit: this lead me down a rabbit hole on nippon amazon, with lots more discs we didnt have listed, so I added a lot of them, a few re-releases in August and a few more, check out the release calendar. And folks, let me know which ones I missed

1 Like

4 Likes

haha u were faster :slight_smile: Looks like they got The Great Silence lined upā€¦

3 Likes

Oh thatā€™s awesome. I didnā€™t really want to buy the region free release cause it is currently quite expensive in the UK. Definitely gonna preorder this along with the Sabata Trilogy

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the info.

I was just surfing through the Blu Ray website Forum for Spaghetti Westerns on Blu Ray, and one guy posted that this company called Movie-Time has teamed up with Arrow for several of their SW releases including the Sartana and Vengeance Trails sets. This fella offered up a link to their SW catalogue, with many great titles, many great ā€˜Bā€™ entertainment ones, some that are on the ā€˜so bad, theyā€™re goodā€™ level, and some that might be just downright poor. @Max gave us that nice heads up on Arrowā€™s SW plans earlier, and hopefully some of the titles in the link may be on par in 2022

https://lnx.movie-time.it/new/western/

Which titles is everyone hoping will see a Blu Ray in the future

5 Likes

ah looks like thatā€™s one of the Italian companies you can get rights and negative material fromā€¦

1 Like

Alot of good stuff on there for sure. A Blu of Dead Men Ride would be great. No Graves on Boot Hill would be nice aswell.

3 Likes

NOOOOO!!! EL PURO ISNā€™T THERE!!!
My dreams are crushed.

Eurekaā€™s official announcement of The Great Silence is up. Not sure if itā€™s a new scan, but thereā€™s 3 commentaries.

2 Likes

Comes with a poster and lobby cards which is cool. Doesnā€™t say its specifically a new scan so might be the same as the US release

1 Like

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Limited edition of 3000 units
  • Limited Edition O-Card slipcase
  • Limited Edition reversible poster featuring the filmā€™s original artwork
  • Limited Edition set of 4 facsimile lobby cards
  • 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a 4K restoration undertaken and completed for the 50th anniversary of the filmā€™s original release
  • English and Italian audio options
  • Optional English Subtitles
  • Brand new audio commentary by Western expert Howard Hughes
  • Brand new audio commentary by filmmaker Mike Siegel
  • Brand new interview with Austin Fisher, author of Radical Frontiers in the Spaghetti Western: Politics, Violence and Popular Italian Cinema
  • Cox on Corbucci ā€“ filmmaker Alex Cox talks about Sergio Corbucci [15 mins]
  • Audio commentary by director and Spaghetti Western aficionado Alex Cox, recorded live at the Hollywood Theatre, Portland in 2021
  • Western, Italian Style ā€“ 1968 documentary [38 mins]
  • Two Alternate Endings (both fully restored in 4K), with optional audio commentaries
  • Trailers
  • Stills Galleries
  • A collectorā€™s booklet featuring new writing by Western expert Howard Hughes
  • All Extras Subject to Change

Both the alternate endings are remastered and a bonus spaghetti western documentary which is awesome

1 Like

Needless to say, to support the SWDb, do use our link

1 Like

Kino also announced Chatoā€™s Land today. All added to the database

Done

1 Like

Wild East title added to the calendar (October)

3 Likes

Hey Amigos in SW Land,

Cauldron Films has sent out its most recent newsletter (I signed up too), and thereā€™s possible good things on the horizon. Owner Jesse Nelson hinted there may very well be a Spaghetti Western release either late this year, or early/middle next year. I asked him either earlier this year or late last year about an SW on Blu Ray and he did say he had a title in the works he was aiming for a 2022 slate, so letā€™s hope he reached that goal.

2 Likes

Wild East Productions The Ugly Ones Blue Ray Will Be in Stock OCTOBER 12TH 2021 .Very Exited about this one and the extras.

Calendar updated with a few additions, and Companero added the Carlotta Films titles

Pre-order this magnificent upcoming edition of The Great Silence: