[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

To be honest, I donā€™t think the film is all bad but I can understand the frustration. The only reason it has been easily available for so long is because of the cast. People see Van Cleef and Palance and assume it must be better than the average spaghetti western. For me, itā€™s watchable but I wouldnā€™t have lost any sleep if it never got a Blu-ray release since the DVD was more than enough.

Happy with the new Arrow box but the alternate end title sequence for Bandidos makes me think the ending is still abruptly cut but now they include the riding away scene as a deleted scene?

1 Like

Yikes!

Hey I could be wrong! :yum:

Some years ago I would have tried to contact someone from Arrow and see what is going on, find out if they know about cuts, but I have given up on trying to change things. Well, mostlyā€¦ I can still write/complain on forums. :wink:

Arrow are very approachable and open to suggestions. They were very happy when I offered them the English dub for Highway Racer, for example

2 Likes

and you are now famous for it :slight_smile:

Their post on Facebook was amusing. ā€œUncovered from the depths of obscurityā€ made me sound like an archaeologist who discovered it on a scientific expedition. I wish the real story was that exciting. I just happened to have the VHS on my nearest shelf. :grin:

youā€™re like the Indiana Jones of dusty VHS shelves, thatā€™s gotta count for somethingā€¦ now all you need is some student blinking at you with a heart painted on her eyelid and youā€™re all set

1 Like

1 Like

The ending of Bandidos does actually exist in good quality so maybe weā€™ll be alright and Arrow is actually just talking about some alternate credits. :yum:

Is this only for the UK/Euro crowd?

Nope!

Iā€™m getting this box for sure then!

1 Like

Iā€™m usually no fan of their artwork but that box looks absolutely gorgeous

A post was merged into an existing topic: Italian Crime Films

Another review

Iā€™ll be watching mine tonight.
People have been having issues with their discs due to the cases being filled with dirt.

My Kino Blu-ray kept going out of sync and I have no idea why since my player is plugged directly into the TV. I did fiddle with the HDMI cable a bit to try and make sure it was in properly, but it didnā€™t fix the issue. I watched my Blu of Assault of Precinct 13 without any problems the other day, so hopefully the next time I play The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, it will be in sync. I did have this problem with Kinoā€™s Blu-ray of ā€˜Custer of the West.ā€™ Iā€™m wondering if it has something to do with them being region A, although thatā€™s never been a problem for me before.
The positive side is that the disc looks incredible! I have never seen the film look so good.

One possible source of errors I have spotted in the past is the HDMI cord. Make sure you have the whatever 1.4b hi-speed certified etc. standard sort of cord, otherwise it might just be too weak in bandwidth or the copy protection system that is built into HDMI (unfortunately) stuttersā€¦

The film looks and sounds great. I complimented Kino on the disc but they deleted my comment.