[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

The beating scene is almost half a minute longer on the uncut German disc. Thereā€™s about 6 seconds more when Clint is approaching the saloon in the beginning. And Indioā€™s laughter is longer when he escapes the prison. And a couple of other minor cuts I think.

Hereā€™s a video about the issues (Cut footage and audio mix) in the scene introducing Manco:

I thought not even that is completely uncut

To be honest, those cuts and edits seems really minor in the grand scheme of the movie. I mean if we were talking about some Black Cauldron censoring and cuts, then Iā€™d understand what all the fuss was about.

1 Like

Thereā€™s also missing dialogue in the scene where Manco & Mortimer are getting beaten.

The German Blu is still supposed to be the uncut version.

The missing stuff is indeed not important enough for me to buy a new disc only for that reason.

I realize itā€™s a kinda shitty movie by an average director and of not much importance but I think even it deserves to have a release presenting it the way it was meant to be. (Not a reply to you Stanton or anyone specific. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I have 5 DVDs and two or three Blus of this now. I just find it ridiculous if I need to buy a VHS tape from the 80s to see it uncut with proper English audio mix (but of course the VHS has the huge problem of 4:3 pan&scan).

Maybe youā€™re thinking about the DVD? The German DVD that came outā€¦ more than 10 years ago(?) was supposed to be uncut but they still missed some shots in the beating scene at least. But as far as I knowā€¦ the Blu is complete? But the English audio still has some problems.

1 Like

Really? What kind of dialogue? Is it sort of incidental or does it add any weight to the scene? Iā€™m genuinely curious.

VolontƩ says something rather minor to Brega I think.

Do you not own the MGM release? All that additional footage is an extra on there. I presume everyone had seen that.

Really? Shit I guess Iā€™ve got some premature dementia or something because I donā€™t remember seeing that at all, and the MGM release is the only release Iā€™ve ever owned. Iā€™ll have to look at at the bonus features again lol.

So do we have more reliable info by now if and what the precise potential issues with this new release might be beyond speculation?

While Iā€™ve read that the GBU release isnā€™t perfect, (I do own it, I just havenā€™t watched it yet) Iā€™m still glad somebody finally released the theatrical cut in HD, so get points from me for that regardless of any imperfections.

To the untrained eye, I guess itā€™s close enough to the theatrical cut. If only they used the laserdisc edition as their reference.

Itā€™s still better than nothing.

1 Like

There would be no activity on this forum if we had nothing to nitpick.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just recieved the Blackjack Blu Ray, and while Iā€™m absolutely no expert on the technology side of things, Iā€™ve just checked the English dub and it seems absolutely fine to me.

2 Likes

Germanyā€™s Explosive Media announced standard retail editions of Adios Sabata and Return of Sabata. Ironically, the standard editions are actually a little more expensive than the special editions :wink:

This is just standard amazon-procedure. Start out with something like full retail price for preorders which will end a lot lower before they are finally released. Can see that the ā€˜oldā€™ edition of Sabata kehrt zurĆ¼ck is available for under 10 euro a few places so these new ones will end up there I gather.

Amazon doesnā€™t set the prices however, but whenever you release a new product, youā€™re starting at around 17 or so bucks. At some point, stuff is out of print or you have overstock, then you reduce prices or third party sellers underbid your original listing. To the visitor, it looks like Amazon is tinkering prices, but youā€™re just not seeing the original sellerā€™s price anymore

I know that :slight_smile: All I mean is you shouldnā€™t take the first prices at face value. They will drop before the movie is finally released.

Fort Yuma Gold / Gatling Gun blu-ray review:

2 Likes