[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases 📀

A scan from the original negative?? Wow! Hopefully, something nearer to or even an uncut version! :heart_eyes:

Wasn’t there also an alternative ending?

1 Like

Yeah, and several additional scenes as well.

Wow, 4K scan from original camera negative. I never seen this one, where does it sit in the pasta rankings?

This will undoubtedly be a great looking release. The issue will be the length of the cut. The MGM release was cut by about 20 minutes if memory serves and the only version of the full ending we have seen is vhs quality from a tv broadcast. Not sure what Kino Lorber will be able to do about that.

Yeah, I have a feeling it’s going to be the cut version. I am going to buy this Blu-ray anyway. I never bothered with the DVD because I wanted to wait for an uncut release. I suppose this will be better than nothing.

The German version is cut too, but it had the real ending.

What release was that mate? I don’t see it in the DB.
Or was it just a TV broadcast?

Yes, only on TV.

And there are probably different versions floating around, but if so, then all beneath 100 min. My TV version runs 93 min (actually 89 in Pal)

Ah. Which means the chances of Kino Lorber sourcing anything but the previous release from MGM is very slim indeed. Pity.

They should at least release also the Italian version.

The MGM is also different in several aspects, not only shorter. I think there are some scenes in the MGM, or in the German version, or in both, which are not in the long Italian version. Well, if that long English version is identical with the Italian version.

A mighty tricky film to release …

Indeed

Great thumbs up!

Well. Lorber had released the Leone Spags in license from MGM, and they had no access to the Italian masters, but could only fumble around with the MGM masters.

So I’m pretty sure that all we will get here is the MGM version in HD.

Maybe Wild East could make a composite using all available sources.

As long as there is no better quality of the long version, the already available Tijuana version does the job.

The movie itself is no great shakes, but historically it is interesting - chances of a restoration are almost nil, so at least a BD of the USA version is better than nothing :slightly_smiling_face:

PS: Can’t stand Alex Cord, in any film I’ve seen him in.

Not familiar with this one.

The best bet for ever getting a restaurated ‘complete’ version would probably be one of the German companies with a love for the genre. That is Koch Media or Explosive Media.

Explosive are very responsive to suggestions. Koch releases are unbeatable when it comes to quality, so I’m always excited when I see more stuff from them. Personally, I’d like to see them release all spaghettis. I’d love to see HD transfers of Bandidos, Sonora and Long Days of Vengeance and it’d be great if Koch re-released Death Sentence, 10,000 Dollars for a Massacre and Vengeance is Mine with English audio.

3 Likes

Just received my Il Grande Silenzio blu-ray. Looks like that’s tonight’s viewing sorted :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes