[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

I gave Pistol for Ringo a spin last night and was a little disappointed at the print quality. It varies from a 6 to 7.5 out of 10 in my book. Iā€™m surprised it wasnā€™t better given that it was largely scanned from the original negative. There are also several distinctly ropey shots dropped in from a show print.

Not complaining as itā€™s a massive improvement over my old DVD.

By comparison, the Japanese blus of Viva Django & Johnny Yuma are bare-bones releases with cheap looking covers and few extras, but both provide a very decent picture (8 out of 10).
The first is Italian language with optional Japanese subs, the other includes an English track.

Arrow you magnificent badtards, you did it! The Complete Sartana Collectionā€¦ahhhh a thing of beauty!

Out of curiosity is there not a United States link? If there is Iā€™ll gladly cancel my order from the Arrow Video website.

1 Like

not yet, Iā€™ll post it as soon as it becomes available for pre-order at the .com and .ca sites

1 Like

Wow Iā€™m speechlessā€¦ never expect this collection will hit the light of daysā€¦ thatā€™s incredible :slight_smile:

Tremendous. Truly great newsā€¦

The US pre-order link is now here

2 Likes

The sartana box has plenty of extras!

Awesome, I cancelled my order from the Arrow video site and will be purchasing from that link shortly! Thanks Sebastian!

yea, came with the first announcementā€¦ https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Buon_funerale,_amigos!.._paga_Sartana/BluRay

1 Like

Think we established that a week ago :joy:

A Good Sartana Box Set, My Friendā€¦ Dean Will Certainly Pay

3 Likes

So is there any consensus on which is the best Blu-Ray release of ā€œThe Mercenaryā€ then?

Koch. It has the best extras.

The 45 min featurette? Whatā€™s so good about it?

How about picture and audio - are they all on par?

Pretty much identical video. Koch has the Italian audio but no English subs.

Well itā€™s the closest thing on any of the discs to resemble an actual extra. Not unless you class a Cox commentary or ā€˜Mercenary Musingsā€™ as redeeming. Because I donā€™t.

Personally I never cared for extras and suchā€¦ I just want the best looking print and also uncut with multiple audio and subtitles.

the only important extra is the original trailer :slight_smile:

I couldnā€™t agree more. However, all things being equal, I will then compare the extras.

I suppose itā€™s a shame neither the US or UK releases saw fit to include the Italian audio. Then again, this is one I would only ever watch in English anyway.

Yep, like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly all three lead actors dubbed themselves anyway so you wouldnā€™t gain much from the Italian version like in most cases.

At least the Koch featurette has interviews with people whom were actually involved with the film, which is always a big plus to me :slightly_smiling_face:

The Great Silence preorder links up!

4 Likes

great, added it to the Db Grande silenzio, Il/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database