[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases šŸ“€

Itā€™s looking good :slight_smile:

Itā€™s all a matter of principle.

1 Like

@Phil_H I see you got a mention in the booklet :slight_smile:

And of course theyā€™ve included a Sartana promo card inside. When are they actually gonna announce it??

I did? Thatā€™s nice. Havenā€™t read it yet so will have to give it a look.

1 Like

Thatā€™s so funny. Thanks for sharing!

Notably I did not mention actors when I said: ā€œpeople personally involved in the production - ideally the director or another key player like the cinematographer or editor etc.ā€

2 Likes

Phil Hardy or Phil Hardcastle ?

Hardcastle. Thanked for research.

Mine landed yesterday which Iā€™m cool with because i didnā€™t pre-order it. Time permitting Iā€™ll be able to watch an HD version of A pistolā€¦ over the weekend. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m one of those who doesnā€™t like the Sartana movies. Iā€™ve only seen the first and the fourth ones which are considered to be the best and I couldnā€™t take to either of them so I didnā€™t bother with the others. I may be in a minority but I was much happier when they announced the Ringo Double feature because I thought it couldā€™ve been a Sartana set instead.

Iā€™ve just noticed have they confused John Goodman for John Milius?

Arrow are announcing new titles today at 3pm :grimacing:

I love the first one, and can take or leave the sequels. They have their fun moments but I find them too talky and a bit boring in comparison to Kramerā€™s movie. I should really take them out of my Alternative Top 20.

1 Like

I can hardly wait for the Sartana Pentalogy to come out remastered on BluRay. Iā€™ve seen the first two only, but they both were in very poor quality. Hopefully, that will change as Iā€™ve taken Gianni Garko to my liking, despite my initial struggle.

I canā€™t see it being a western as theyā€™ve only done five in a few years with the last one coming out two days ago. Still be interesting to see though.

I still have that struggle. :grin: Not of him just most of the westerns he was in.

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve seen Garko in other westerns. He was alright by the time I got around to the second one. But, I still think that role wouldā€™ve been a lot better fit for Lee Van Cleef than Garko, the latter of whom is more of a knockoff of the Eastwood archetype rather than Van Cleef, much like Anthony Steffen. That said, I can also see Franco Nero in the role of Sartana, who wouldā€™ve been definitely better than Garko, in my opinion, and more fitting to the amalgam of ā€œMan with No Nameā€ and Colonel Mortimer/Sabata type of persona.

Luckily, you were wrong :grinning:

6 Likes

I was literally just posting that and you beat me to it :grin:

Itā€™s not a purchase Iā€™ll make but it looks like theyā€™re doing more westerns now which Iā€™m not complaining about by any means. :slight_smile:

Yep very surprising announcement although itā€™s been guessed at for months.

$10000 Blood Money and Vengeance is Mine are the only two Garko vehichles Iā€™ve ever liked. I think he gave good performances in $1000 on the Black and Cowards Donā€™t Pray though. Itā€™s not Garko I have a problem with itā€™s the ā€˜James Bondā€™ style westerns, theyā€™re just not the gritty dishes Iā€™m after whether itā€™s Sartana, Sabata, Cemetery or whatever else. Iā€™ve never enjoyed any of them.

Wait. What? The biggest spaghetti western release for years and years and certainly the biggest on the blu-ray front ever and you just shrug it off? Am I on the wrong forum?

3 Likes

It appears Iā€™ve come to the right place at the right time! This is fantastic!

If only @sartana1968 was still around.