[Blu-ray] Latest and Upcoming Releases 📀

they do, but they’re a) not releasing this in Germand and b) if one were do make a box of movies with Django in the German title, it would be a sizeable box to end all boxes :slight_smile: so I have my problems wrapping my head around the notion that this might be the motto of their box…

1 Like

I don’t think the Django part is trying to hint towards the titles, rather just the fact that its Spaghetti Westerns. These arrow teaser are always very vague and subtle (and mostly rather silly)

1 Like

Yeah. I still remember they pulled a black hat on us.

That all sounds very promising.

For what it’s worth, Garko’s official character name in 10,000 Blood Money is Django.

3 Likes

One more

1 Like

Blood Money: 4 Western Classics Vol.2 - Vengeance is Mine/ Matalo/ Find a Place to Die/ $10,000 Blood Money

3 Likes

8 Likes

Faster than I am.

I’m excited for it. Although Find a Place to Die is a bit of an odd choice. I haven’t even heard of it

2 Likes

4-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all four films
• Brand new 2K restorations of all four films from the original 35mm camera negatives by Arrow Films
• Original Italian and English front and end titles
• Restored lossless original Italian and English soundtracks
• English subtitles for the Italian soundtracks
• English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtracks
• Brand new introductions to each film by journalist and critic Fabio Melelli
• Galleries for all four films
• Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing by author and critic Howard Hughes
• Fold-out double-sided poster featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
• Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeves featuring original artwork and a slipcover featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx

DISC 1 – $10,000 BLOOD MONEY

• Brand new audio commentary by author and film historian Lee Broughton
• Tears of Django – newly edited featurette with archival interviews with director Romolo Guerrieri and actor Gianni Garko
• The Producer Who Didn’t Like Western Movies – brand new interview with producer Mino Loy
• How the West Was Won – brand new interview with screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi
• Theatrical trailer

DISC 2 – VENGEANCE IS MINE

• Brand new audio commentary by critics Adrian J. Smith and David Flint
• Cain and Abel – newly edited featurette with archival interviews with actor Gianni Garko and screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi
• In Conversation with Nora Orlandi – newly edited archival interview with the film’s iconic composer
• Movie After Movie – brand new interview with producer Mino Loy
• Theatrical trailer

DISC 3 – FIND A PLACE TO DIE

• Brand new audio commentary by author and critic Howard Hughes
• Sons of Leone – newly edited archival interview with director Giuliano Carnimeo
• Traditional Figure – brand new, in-depth appreciation of the soundtrack and its composer, Gianni Ferrio, by musician and disc collector Lovely Jon

DISC 4 – MATALO! (KILL HIM)

• Brand new audio commentary by critics Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson
• A Milanese Story – brand new, in-depth interview with filmmaker Davide Pulici, discussing the career of Matalo! director Cesare Canevari
• Untold Icon – brand new, in-depth appreciation of the soundtrack and its composer, Mario Migliardi, by musician and disc collector Lovely Jon
• Theatrical trailer

7 Likes

New interview with Mino Loy! Unbelievable!

It is semi-well known here in the U.S. among more serious western fans. It stars Jeffrey Hunter from The Searchers, The King of Kings, and, more importantly, the original captain of the Enterprise from the Star Trek pilot. :laughing: I’m rather fond of it as it is a very bleak and dark movie.

I actually think the strange choice is Matalo!

2 Likes

What a good looking box set

3 Likes

3 Likes

I still get it mixed up with No Room to Die. Which may be where the latest Bond film got its title.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen Matalo! but it looks interesting!

1 Like

Matalo has great soundtrack and atmosphere. For me its a great choice. More acid than spaghetti

2 Likes

Wow, love the artwork on the boxset! :+1: Very excited the Gianni Garko/Claudio Camaso Westerns are getting US Blu Rays, I’m still keeping the German set I acquired last summer, way too nice to let go of, and it’s got a CD soundtrack I still need to listen to. Wish they had included titles like Hole in the Forehead, The Ruthless Four, Night of the Serpent, or Any Gun Can Play instead of Matalo! and Find a Place to Die, but I’m willing to give them a chance.

5 Likes

Called that one earlier in the thread when the John Ford connection was mentioned - although it is somewhat of a so-so spag for me and not very exciting.

That one I just flat out don’t like, and believe that Kill the Wicked did it all far better in the first place.

Of course I’m happy about the other two though - its worth it just for them - but because of the two they have paired them with it feels like a tale of two halves with this set. I’d much rather go on not owning Matalo. Of course it looks great though because Arrow always do a bang up job. Needless to say I’ll be supporting it regardless, although Vengeance Trails had a complete set of greatness rather than just half.

3 Likes