Blindman (Ferdinando Baldi, 1971)

OK, thanks, I will check this out. :wink:

[quote=ā€œENNIOO, post:111, topic:203ā€]Took a while to get released after it was classified on the 29th June 1972 by the BBFC. Comes no surprise the BBFC cut the film:

[url]http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AFF016839/[/url][/quote]

They rejected it totally 4 months previous to that too.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AFF059581/

Watched this movie today, great movie! The KOCH media ā€œitalo-western collectionā€ dvd. Original and very funny! Kind of aggressive towards the female, though!

Just got that same Koch/Cine plus release. Damn good.

Yes, Iā€™ve that release too and Iā€™m very satisfied. I liked particularly the documentary The Western World of Ferdinado Baldi. Very interesting, worth a look.

Saw this about a month ago, loved it! I have a certain affinity for blind characters, probably cause one of the main characters in my short stories is blind. Than, and Ringo Starr. I only have this on the Fast Saved Damned set, thought it was acceptable quality but not sure if itā€™s cut?

Whatā€™s the running time?

(And tell us more about those short stories)

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:127, topic:203ā€]Whatā€™s the running time?

(And tell us more about those short stories)[/quote]

Runtime was and hour and 24 minutes, I believe. The short stories are mostly works Iā€™ve started but run into a standstill with. The one Iā€™m working on now is like a Post-Apoc Spaghetti(like) story with ā€œNaziā€™sā€. I managed to get my stuff together and type up this one, got the first chapter out. I also pretty blatantly referenced They Call Him Cemetery in it as well ::slight_smile: I donā€™t think itā€™s all that great, but maybe Iā€™m just being modest. But hey, if youā€™re interested I can send you a copy of the Word doc.

Your copy of Blindman is cut. Better purchase Koch Media DVD, itā€™s a very good release with a decent number of extras, uncut version of movie and great picture quality. If you like the flick, you should certainly pick it up.

1. Is it released by Koch?
  2. See above :wink:

Well, I donā€™t have a region free player, and Iā€™m not sure if the code to unlock it worked (want to borrow a non-regon 1 dvd to test it), so I guess Iā€™ll have to pick up the Cultcine version for now. Maybe for christmasā€¦

[quote=ā€œautephex, post:130, topic:203ā€]1. Is it released by Koch?
2. See above ;)[/quote]
OK, thanks. Then buy the German DVD released by the company CinePlus. Iā€™m fully aware of the mistake that I fulfilled and Iā€™m greatly embarrassed. :wink:

Oh no, thatā€™s not what I meant! I was just agreeing with you. I was just making a silly joke that these are always the first steps in deciding which DVD release to buy: If there is a Koch release, then it is the one to get

Same DVD anyway, but different artwork. Cineplus is or maybe was a sub label of Koch.

About 20 min missing. Quite a lot ā€¦

I was making a silly joke too. Iā€™m not that defensive person by any means. :wink:
Nonetheless the release is great and might be the best one for this flick.

i give this one star more and goes to 4 out of 5
the transfer from koch media is very good but the english audio horrible not clean and hard you listen the shooting :ā€™(
i will buy the next month the australian dvd maybe it has clean audio i donā€™t know ???

For those in the US whoā€™ve been looking for a nice uncut copy of this film like I have been for the past few years hereā€™s something I stumbled upon a couple weeks ago on amazon:

I ordered it on a whim about two weeks ago when I saw that it was advertising itself as the 105 min cut. Watched it when it arrived and sure enough itā€™s the full uncut version of the film in anamorphic widescreen. Picture quality was pretty good in my opinion as well. Not sure what the deal is with this edition. Itā€™s a burn on demand disc, but the disc and packaging are pretty decent. No extras just the movie itself, but again the film is uncut and in anamorphic widescreen. Back of the box has a ā€œRetroFlixā€ logo and copyright credit and a ā€œmanufactured by amazon.comā€ blurb near the barcode.

[quote=ā€œThe Ugly Insect, post:137, topic:203ā€]For those in the US whoā€™ve been looking for a nice uncut copy of this film like I have been for the past few years hereā€™s something I stumbled upon a couple weeks ago on amazon:

I ordered it on a whim about two weeks ago when I saw that it was advertising itself as the 105 min cut. Watched it when it arrived and sure enough itā€™s the full uncut version of the film in anamorphic widescreen. Picture quality was pretty good in my opinion as well. Not sure what the deal is with this edition. Itā€™s a burn on demand disc, but the disc and packaging are pretty decent. No extras just the movie itself, but again the film is uncut and in anamorphic widescreen. Back of the box has a ā€œRetroFlixā€ logo and copyright credit and a ā€œmanufactured by amazon.comā€ blurb near the barcode.[/quote]
the audio itā€™s clean??

I didnā€™t notice any major issues with the soundā€¦it might have been a little softer than normal, but nothing major. Overall I was very pleased with this edition.

Has anyone seen this Australian version? According to the back cover, itā€™s 105 minutes, widescreen anamorphic, and NTSC. Can anyone confirm that? how is the picture quality?