Blindman (Ferdinando Baldi, 1971)

Best Baldi film iā€™ve seen. Anthony is great and so is the mean/vengeful finale. 4/5 stars

Where did you hear that?

Rewatched this last night. Itā€™s still not my cup of tea. Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s a well made and enjoyable movie but not really what Iā€™m looking forā€¦

funny, I rewatched it last night too. I presented it two friends of me.
Blindman is allways the first SW I present friends, who arenā€™t real interested in westerns.

I like it very much, due to the presence of Tony Anthony
and - I have to admit :-\ - the incredible vielence scenes - they shocks me allways ā€¦

Me too. Brilliant film, but a bit too wierd for me.

Great movie. 4/5

A decent budget is about all I can say in praise of this.

Great movie. Funny, although I too miss out on some of the Italian only one liners. He actually takes a wrong turn & find the beach. The abuse to the women is a bit excessive even by sw standards. The score ties it all together beautifully. Even Ringo Starr canā€™t ruin this highly enjoyable spaghetti.

I rewatched this one on friday with a friend who owns a beamer. That was nice!

Blindman is surely one of the best SWs IMO.

A big asskickin masterly made flick.

Well fuckinā€™ said!

Fuckinā€™ thanks.

ā€œDonā€™t be so fucking vulgar!ā€-Tomas Milian

Maybe we sould move to the bad fuckinā€™ language thread now? :wink:

SILENCE?! Iā€™m telling your mother! :wink:

If only he quoted a classical line like korano didā€¦

Not sure if she would care. :slight_smile:

EDIT: She wouldnā€™t ;).

The song used in the trailer from Blindman:

[url]Bob Seger - Heavy Music - YouTube

Someone may like.

1 Like

I liked this one a lot and would say it is probably in my top 20 at least. I find it odd that I liked this one so much as it is different from most of my other favourites (especially ones directed by Baldiā€¦) but somehow it worked.
I guess though my liking of this film makes sense when put against my other films such as ā€˜chanbaraā€™ films from Japan and the ā€˜Zatoichiā€™ series also from Japan (which isnā€™t quite ā€˜chanbaraā€™ but does verge on ā€˜chanbaraā€™ a lot of the time and is the origin of the ā€œblindmanā€ character, which was later played by Rutgar Hauer in ā€˜Blind Furyā€™ but that is another story).

There are things I donā€™t enjoy as much about the film such as the hunting, raping and killing of women in the desert, but I did think it served its purpose as it made it hard to pity Domingo at the end, even if you have to a bit. I think Agneta Eckemyr should have been featured more also. But those are small complaints.

Iā€™m giving it a 4 as there are only a few films Iā€™d give top marks to. :wink:

That is the version I have. The picture is better than I thought it would be. The mixing is slightly off (but only slightly) with the dialogue being just a touch too quite compared to the other sounds, but it isnā€™t anything major.

The film does seem to be more or less complete.

My favorite Baldi of the ones Iā€™ve seen. The others easily get too melodramic.

Would have liked another film with the Blindman character in.