Black Killer (Carlo Croccolo, 1971)

Ah, very interesting. I did not know he was Norwegian. What else did the TV show say about him?
Welcome to the forum by the wayā€¦

hahaā€¦ these things seem to happen a lot in these moviesā€¦ perhaps they are little jokes, knowing they arenā€™t going to acheive Leoneness with the filmā€¦ i doubt it, but that would be nice if it were true

After seeing Black Killer I googled Fred Robsahm and found out there was a documentary on his life. I think the trailer can be seen on youtube.

The documentary about Fred Robsahm was very interesting. He came from a small town in Norway and became a moviestar in Italy. However the documentary did not try to hide that he has had a tough life with lots of alcohol and drugs.

If you ever run into him please tell him that he still has fans. I quite liked his performance in Black Killer, even though I wasnā€™t a fan of the movie itself. He had parts in some very good westerns, Django the Bastard, Bandidos, No Room to Die, Carombola.

This trailer is great!
The strange thing about it is the fact, that Black Killer suddenly seems like one of the biggest westerns. The short clips used in this trailer are fuckin cool. I think I have to rewatch BC instantly!

[sup]He had parts in some very good westerns, Django the Bastard, Bandidos, No Room to Die, Carombola.[/sup]

I didnā€™t know that. The only film he was listed in in Weisserā€™s book was Black Killer.

Never mind - I didnā€™t know him by name a couple of minutes agoā€¦

This was another one I wished I hadnā€™tā€¦if it werenā€™t for that beautiful Italian actress masquerading as an Indianā€¦

And in some parts with not much masqueradeā€¦

Iā€™ll agree with some of you, the only thing good about this film was Kinskiā€¦ There were some other parts that were at least coolā€¦ and music was semi-okay, but as a wholeā€¦ I think this movie stinks. Oh well.

This hurts meā€¦ ouch!

I know, itā€™s a bad one, but I like it.

[quote=ā€œDillinger, post:52, topic:834ā€]This hurts meā€¦ ouch!

I know, itā€™s a bad one, but I like it.[/quote]

Haha, donā€™t worry, because I too like movies that ā€œstink.ā€ I just wasnā€™t particularly fond of this one.

The one thing I hate about this flick is the poor sound quality of my German DVD (BEST Entertainment).

Entertaining flick with a nice twist at the end. But in the beginning the plot is very difficult to follow.

Recently saw the Franco Cleef version of this one

Liked this film a lot actually

I think Kinski looks cool in this movie and the music was excellent

The shanty town and also the cinematography was suitably gloomy

Some fairly violent scenes, and an unusual amount of nudity, as has been stated before in the thread

Some use of hand-held camera too, also unusual for SWs and something which I liked

All in all, to me an above average SW, that kept my interest throughout

After riding a bike and spinning all day, I drink a entire bottle of white for dinner, therefore Iā€™m feeling a little bit ā€¦ strange so i donā€™t know if this review is going to be a valid contribute, but in any case here it goes.
Saw this one in my home gym during a spinning session; well I got a rule for choosing films when I spinning and that is no sleaze; try to bicycle with a hard on. ;D
Well this wasnā€™t the perfect choice for that matter I had to get off the seat and sprint a few times
I enjoyed, bad acting no plot at all and many stunts, violence, vengeance, a good score, and some nudity (more than normal for a regular spag), all this things make a good SW IMO, not in my top 20/30/40 but funny enough to follow till the end, whiteout touching the fast forward button.
Kinski is good (what a job getting paid just to being around, looking weird) and he gave me an idea for what to do with my account books, in case some client gets more demanding and a pain n the ass regarding taxes evasion.
The plot of course is weak but the cinematography was good at least for such a cheap production, but in the end I liked, kill your enemies with books, you will look smarter, nice violence, and letā€™s just say it that any spag with Kinski itā€™s good a one, Marina enters in some good Giallos and she a nice lady

Well my classification goes from 0 to 5

This is a 3

5 very good/masterpiece
4 good
3 sufficient but could be better
2 bad
1 very bad
0 turn it off

Something of a guilty pleasure this one. Itā€™s bad in so many ways but some of them are the best reasons to enjoy it.

Kinski was clearly operating on his ā€˜least amount of work for largest amount of payā€™ rule and seems to spend most of his screen time peeping through windows or sitting on his bed fixing his ā€˜booksā€™. The ludicrous Oā€™Haras; the only colour co-ordinated Irish Mexican bandits in the west. Tiziana Dini with her compulsion for getting undressed in front of the mirror and then going behind a screen to get dressed again. Marina Malfatti looking for all the world like a Pocahontas-a-gram. And all of it played dead straight. I canā€™t help but feel Croccolo knew exactly what he was doing and that they laughed just as much when making it as we do now when watching it.

A great example of a so bad itā€™s good film.

And Malfattii shows us her derriĆØre in this one!

I had watch this one back in the vhs era and actually kept some memories about it.
Itā€™s is a dumb movie but not boring at all. The score is also very distinctive.