Beyond the Law / Al di là della legge (Giorgio Stegani, 1968)

I am going to watch this in an hour on German TV… I am excited. is it good?

For more info visit:
Database link: Al di là della legge - The Spaghetti Western Database

Give Beyond the Law your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

whew! great film! they showed a low quality print there but at least widesscreen. really a great flick, that should be out on a decent DVD

1 Like

This is supposedly much better in its full length. According to anica the film’s original length was 115 minutes, not 85 minutes as shown on TV.

I suppose so… but the film’s excellent.

i just don’t like the ending. the freeze frames and such…

was in the German Tv version

-Stander giving Bible lessons to Granata's class.

wasn’t

-A zoom into the sheriff's star at the end, instead of the freeze-frame.

well, i dont like both ideas. what kind of an ending is that? :slight_smile:

yeah the chicken scene is in

I own a bootleg-dvd with great picture-quality (2,35:1/16:9) and it runs 110 Minutes (PAL), i think it’s uncut.

In this short version it’s not so good. The action scenes are badly made.

3 out of 5 stars…I enjoyed the storyline and the idea of the thief becoming the sheriff, especially the parts where you can tell he is fighting himself inside. I also found that the humour wasn’t forced so much and seemed a little more natural than a lot of spaghettis I’ve seen.

I think Sabato’s character could have used more development, not really believable too much that he would have that much of an impact on Cudlip.

I have it on an el cheapo 4-movie DVD that also includes The Grand Duel, Death Rides a Horse and God’s Gun. The quality near the end is horrible and the DVD started skipping in and out.

I haven’t decided whether I’ll go for the Wild East release yet…I’m a big LVC fan but I have to spend my money wisely!!

Was just watching this one last night actually. I had to go to bed, so I didn’t finish but so far I like it. The Wild East DVD is pretty good, too. I’ll report back when I finish the flick…

Flynn

just rewatched this uncut on DVD. really one of the best probably, even though it’s a bit “american”, but the character development is really extraordinary

Can’t really say I found this one remarkable in any department. It’s not bad though and has a good cast, but I found it far from exciting. So I probably won’t upgrade, already having the Wild East double with The Grand Duel.

I’d be interested in a screenshot comparison. the new german dvd has excellent image quality

It’ll probably beat Wild East’s, which would be a reason to buy it. Best image quality I’ve ever seen on a spaghetti dvd is the German Ben & Charlie (EMS). Damn, that just looks nearly perfect.

I don’t have that one yet. I’m working on filling my EMS gaps.

Not much action until the end, but an excellent character study. One of Van Cleef’s meatier dramatic roles. Score is so-so. Gordon Mitchell chews the scenery and his outfit is silly. Would have preferred Aldo Sambrell or Fernando Sancho as the villian. Overall, though, I’d give it 3 out of 5 stars for the effort. The Wild East DVD is pretty good, with the added scenes, etc. Worth watching for the performances.

I’ve seen the film a few times on German television (cut) and didn’t particularly like it
Sabato and Stander are OK, but I had the idea Lee wasn’t really concentrated in this one
Not much action until the great action scene near the end

Probably the uncut version has more character developement, but I can’t imagine the film will be really great

2/5 for me

I watched Beyond the Law recently. The german DVD from sunfilm has a great quality. :slight_smile:

I liked the story, the cast and I found it really entertaining. It reminded me very much on 50’s U.S. Western .

saw this last night. found it to be very uneven and in my opinon couldn’t decide whether it wanted to be a comedy western or serious.not a fan of comedy spaghettis so felt too many comic moments. it was also one of those films where everytime the “heros” shoot they hit a baddie. having said that it is not too bad a film and has some good moments. this was the uncut version and i don’t think the bits that were cut , particularly enhance the movie.nice theme music .film is entertaining overall.

i don’t think it has many comedy aspects, although it does have some lighthearted moments, but that by itself i think is fine