Best villains in Spaghettis?

Which actors have been the best at portraying villains in SWs?

Do you have any personal favourites?

I think that Gian Maria Volonte does an outstanding job in the first two Dollars films for example, he is great to watch!!

1 Like

Well Klaus Kinski of Course! He is the main reason for liking Great Silence that much, right? I like him as the prisoner in another one. i think it ws venditore del morti, he stays all the time in prison but is just screaming and insulting everybody all the tim, classic!
And I love George Eastman in preparati la bara, even better than Horst Frank allthough he is bad as well. I think George Eastman just looks scary due to his height.
Lee van Cleef is also hard as the bad, killing the old guy was just ruthless. So I like the charismatic baddies. Jack Palance does a great job in companeros just with his voice, it is scary as hell, but he makes the James Bond baddie error of leaving him to hang without watching him die.

1 Like

Jack Palanca is a great villain in The Mercenary too.

1 Like

[quote=“Silvanito, post:1, topic:540”]Which actors have been the best at portraying villains in SWs?

I think that Gian Maria Volonte does an outstanding job in the first two Dollars films for example, he is great to watch!!

[/quote]

His real life brother was O.K aswell.

Yes! Claudio Camaso is my favorite bad guy actor in spaghettis. His role of Mendoza in Vengeance is just soo creepy. Great roles in 10000$ Blood Money and Vengeance is Mine too.

Yes, he is so good in these movies.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:5, topic:540”]Yes! Claudio Camaso is my favorite bad guy actor in spaghettis. His role of Mendoza in Vengeance is just soo creepy. Great roles in 10000$ Blood Money and Vengeance is Mine too.[/quote]it’s a shame his life ended so shortly

Frank Wolff is always good as bad guy, adding mostly a touch of decadence to his roles. He is the wordy baddie, not the laconic one, always making a softly impression, but beneath lurks sadistic violence.
He is especially fascinating as Bill San Antonio in God Forgives, I Don’t.

1 Like

[quote=“stanton, post:8, topic:540”]Frank Wolff is always good as bad guy, adding mostly a touch of decadence to his roles. He is the wordy baddie, not the laconic one, always making a softly impression, but beneath lurks sadistic violence.
He is especially fascinating as Bill San Antonio in God Forgives, I Don’t.[/quote]You may have guessed that Frank Wolff in God Forgives is one of my favorite sw characters. It’s great how he changes in a moment from tender fatherly figure to furious, crazy character. He’s very good in Last of the Badmen too.

1 Like

Interesting though FRANK WOLFF is another actor who died to soon.

1 Like

Oh, that’s a real surprise!

Another actor I like very much is Luciano Rossi, I believe he didn’t play many villain roles in spaghettis though but he’s just so great in Django the Bastard. In giallos and crime films he’s the usual loony stranger or gangster.

1 Like

[quote author=Silvanito link=topic=610.msg8804#msg8804 date=1173185674]
Which actors have been the best at portraying villains in SWs?

Si, but van Cleef was no slouch. Then Leone knew how to get good villainy from Luigi Pistilli.   And what, no Fernando Sancho?

I like so many villians in spaghetti westerns but manly Fernando Sancho,Raf Baldasare,Federico Boido,Dante Cleri.

1 Like

Klaus Kinski… his mad face, scares to the bones !

1 Like

Kinski is great definitely but I’ve always liked Franco Ressel as Stengel in Sabata. Very slimy and the most outrageous combover in film history.

I really like Van Cleef’s Angel Eyes in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Really sinister.

Flynn

1 Like

I agree on that one, his quotation of Machiavelli is pure class.

That is a very good moment, isn’t it?

Luciano Rossi in “django il bastardo” is hell of a great mad villain

1 Like