Best Version DVD thread

Not sure how it measures up to the rest but i have the Italian Eagle Pictures disc (with a choice of either Italian or English audio and some nice extras…oh and a nice mini poster of Franco Nero!) :slight_smile:

You call this a decent picture:
Lucio Fulci's - Massacre Time - Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review ???

Check comparison here too:

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=2780

The SPO-disc Ennioo mentions sounds like the right one to get if you can afford it. Got the Italian dub AND English dubtitles. Else get the Italian Eagle-release (the one I got)… English/Italian dub but no subtitles though… It does contain a nifty little mini movie poster though :slight_smile: and costs about a third of that the SPO-release cost I gather.

Edit: Ah mentioned above, hadn’t seen the latest posts :-[

[quote=“djvaso, post:62, topic:131”]You call this a decent picture:
Lucio Fulci's - Massacre Time - Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review ???[/quote]

Well I must admit I don’t remember it looking anything like that bad. But of course when you watch a load of spaghettis from genuinely poor source material your standards can drop a bit and something mediocre can seem pretty darn good. I still think that for the price it is perfectly watchable and wouldn’t ruin the film for anyone but the most demanding. The SPO edition would, I’m sure, be preferable but that will have to wait until I win the lottery.

[quote=“djvaso, post:62, topic:131”]You call this a decent picture:
Lucio Fulci's - Massacre Time - Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review Lucio Fulci Massacre Time Tempo di massacro DVD Review ???[/quote]

I had seen this beaver comparison (no pun intended), but they talk about a DWV disc, I mentioned a DVD listed as a 'Substance disc’, with the same cover design.

Are DMV and Substance one and the same company or is there anything else I don’t get?

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:65, topic:131”]I had seen this beaver comparison (no pun intended), but they talk about a DWV disc, I mentioned a DVD listed as a 'Substance disc’, with the same cover design.

Are DMV and Substance one and the same company or is there anything else I don’t get?[/quote]

Not sure if they are the same company or not but my disc makes no mention of DWV. Only Substance.
And I checked out the quality. I stand by my original comment. It’s ok. Not brilliant but perfectly watchable.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:65, topic:131”]I had seen this beaver comparison (no pun intended), but they talk about a DWV disc, I mentioned a DVD listed as a 'Substance disc’, with the same cover design.

Are DMV and Substance one and the same company or is there anything else I don’t get?[/quote]
You should remember that Substance is a bootleg label, using other DVDs and old tape releases as their master. It is very likely that they just ripped-off DWV disc which was not official release to begin with (or so I have heard). I’d get Italian DVD if I were you, it’s much better in every way & of course official.

Thanks, actually I did order the Italian disc, better image quality, a Franco poster …

It’s one of the spaghettis I originally saw in cinema, I suppose in the early seventies, so it’s kind of a dear memory to me