Best Version DVD thread

Out of these VCI Home Video DVDs:

ANY GUN CAN PLAY (1967) -VCI Home Video

Today We Kill Tomorrow We Die (1971) -VCI Home Video

Strangers Gundown (1974) -VCI Home Video

BULLET FOR SANDOVAL (1970) -VCI Home Video

Are these the best versions available for these films?

Thanks!

There are no other versions of AGCP and Sandoval available on DVD. A pity, as the Sandoval disk in particular has a lot of cuts.

Today We Kill is available in Japan and Germany and Stranger’s Gundown (Django der Bastard) is available in Germany, but not in English, if this matters to you.

I believe German Django der Bastard is cut.
Django il Bastardo on a new Italian dvd is anamorphic but only Ita audio.

[quote=“bjungan, post:3, topic:131”]I believe German Django der Bastard is cut.
Django il Bastardo on a new Italian dvd is anamorphic but only Ita audio.[/quote]

The GErman DVD is not cut, but features the European cut, which differs in how the flashbacks are arranged in the film. the German dvd is German only and is not in cinemascope.

The GErman DVD is not cut, but features the European cut, which differs in how the flashbacks are arranged in the film.
Is the Euro cut the same as the Italian, and not like the American version?
the German dvd is German only and is not in cinemascope.
I see.

The Japan version of today we kill, does that have english audio or english subtitles?

Is the japan version worth the money? What is the difference between the VCI version and the japan version?

Does the italian version have english subtitles?

Thanks guys.

The SPO disks are very high quality, but I don’t own OGGI A ME… myself so I can’t comment.

Technical details[url]:: Kultvideo ::

[quote=“Benito Alvarez, post:8, topic:131”]The SPO disks are very high quality, but I don’t own OGGI A ME… myself so I can’t comment.

Technical details[url]:: Kultvideo ::

wow, english audio :slight_smile: but fullscreen

As far as I understand, the German Stranger’s Gundown DVD features the Italian cut, whereas the US DVD features the export version, differing in the way the flashback scenes are shown (before the credits, or throughout the film). but since the German DVD is not cinemascope and has no english audio it’s worthless for many

But the German DVD of DJANGO IL BASTARDO is 104 seconds shorter than the old UK tape which presumably also features a (the?) European cut.

maybe they didn’t count the closing credits? well i dont know for sure, according to ofdb.de (which is not an accurate source of course) both versions are uncut.
OFDb - Django und die Bande der Bluthunde (1969)

It’s not FS, it’s WS. Kultvideo got it wrong.

Thanks - I was very suprised to see it listed as FS.

Nope. It was me timing the 104s difference and it has nothing to do with credits. However, I didn’t do a scene-by-scene comparison so I can’t say what’s missing.

Ok so the best version with english audio or subtitles would be:

OGGI A ME aka Today We Kill (1971) SPO

Still confused on Strangers Gundown (1974)… Does the italian version have english subtitles? If so would this be the best version? If not what would?

Thanks guys this forum rocks!!

it does. spread the word please

I can’t find any evidence of the Italian DVD of Django il bastardo having any more than Italian audio only with no subtitles, typical listing here[url]Factotus.it - This domain was registered with Match.it.

Will do.

Yeah Benito I’m just going to bite the bullet and get the VCI version. Thanks guys.

I’m going to get the SPO version of Today we kill, but need some help.

Is SPO the japanese(macaroni collection) company? If so that means there is a NSTC version.

Ok so the best version with english audio or subtitles would be:

Well they are the only official dvds of these movies.
If it was unclear before, I would like to point out that both VCI dvds are cut.

There are actually atleast 5 DVDs of Any Gun Can Play available:

VCI (USA)
Miracle Pictures (USA)
UAP (Germany)
Guillotine Films (Canada?)
NWL? (Brazil)

Guillotine Films and NWL discs should both be in widescreen although I have no idea about the aspect ratio if its cropped some way. Both discs have english soundtracks. No idea about cuts or if they use the same transfer as the VCI disc (could be possible I guess).
The Miracle Pictures disc is listed as only 93mins long and no idea about aspect ratio. And the german disc by UAP is cut I suppose and fullscreen and only german audio?

Can anyone give any info on the cuts in the VCI discs of Any Gun Can Play and Bullet For Sandoval, please? How much is missing, what kind of scenes, where in the films should the scenes belong to?