Best Spaghetti Comedy Team

WOOO there. Didn’t you see the actors playing them? Harry Baird and Alberto De’llAcqua. :wink:

If we’re talking teams and not just duos…

A Genius, two partners and a dupe
Terence Hill (Joe Thanks), Miou-Miou (Lucy), Robert Charlebois (Bill Locomotiva)

The White, the Yellow, and the Black
Giuliano Gemma (Blanc de Blanc/Stetson/Swiss), Eli Wallach(Sheriff Edward ‘Black Jack’ Gideon), Thomas Milian(Sakura)

Terence & Bud.

But I like Giuliano Gemma & Nino Benvenuti from Alive or Preferably Dead… don’t think they have been mentioned yet.

[quote=“autephex, post:19, topic:1578”]Trinity and Sartana ? is this your idea of a joke, korano & Bad Lieutenant? :wink:

My vote goes to korano & Bad Lieutenant as best comedy team for including this as an option[/quote]
What are you talking about?
Two happy buddies? … they’re it!

• Clever jokes
  • Cool Acrobatics
    … they’ve got it!
    Unfortunately 90% of the fun got lost in the fullscreen version. So, unless you’ve seen it in oar, you really can’t judge.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:24, topic:1578”]What are you talking about?
Two happy buddies? … they’re it!

• Clever jokes
  • Cool Acrobatics
    … they’ve got it!
    Unfortunately 90% of the fun got lost in the fullscreen version. So, unless you’ve seen it in oar, you really can’t judge.[/quote]
    ;D

Nicely played :stuck_out_tongue:

Hill and Spencer. :smiley:

Nobody comes close.

[quote=“Lasky, post:27, topic:1578”]Hill and Spencer. :smiley:

Nobody comes close.[/quote]

… I don’t :stuck_out_tongue:

Have only seen the spy comedy they did that was directed by Mario Bava, Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs and that one was pure slapstick. Italian Laurel & Hardy … But pretty good fun. Am probably getting that there box set released in Germany containing 4 of their movies (only 1 SW) …

Just voted for Richard & Donald by the way, just to show I wasn’t kidding.

Never liked Trinity films, not even as a kid, too innocent humour for me. I voted for Ben & Charlie but maybe I shouldn’t have. They are not that great team really if that was the point, it’s just that the film is easily the best of those listed. I like Eastman’s role, Gemma just does his usual stuff, which is not bad but nothing exceptional either.

Jesse & Lester are not fun as a team either, it’s O’Brien alone that makes the film worth watching. It’s incredible how one actor can save the film like he did.

Not going to repeat myself about Franco & Ciccio here. Typical F&C humour:

I pity the fools.

I viewed this Franco & Ciccio one again the other day for my sins.

As a substitute for how many rosaries?

Around two or three.

So it’s something like this Sartana’s shawow of death thing.

Very much so.

The question is:

What is worse? Bad comedy SW or bad serious SW?

is that anything like Sartana’s Shamwow of Death? The cloth that completely absorbs all your death juices? (disclaimer: joke may not translate to non US citizens)

[quote=“Dillinger, post:36, topic:1578”]The question is:

What is worse? Bad comedy SW or bad serious SW?[/quote]

you know, that’s a good question. At first I was immediately going to say comedy, but now I’m not sure. I guess it depends on what kind of bad we’re talking here

[quote=“Dillinger, post:36, topic:1578”]The question is:

What is worse? Bad comedy SW or bad serious SW?[/quote]
Oh, I’d have to say a bad comedy, without reservation. So few of them are actually funny to begin with. To me, slapstick stopped being funny, oh, 80 years ago.

yeah, I think I’m going to have to stick with my instinct on bad comedy being the stronger evil… I wasn’t sure at first, because you’ve got something like “They Call Him Invincible” which is a very bad movie, but much more enjoyable than a dull, uninvolved attempt at a serious western… but I’m having trouble coming up with an example of said dull serious western, for some reason.

But then you’ve got Trinity & Sartana, the worse spaghetti ever, and its a comedy… sooo…

I used to be that not keen on comedy Spaghetti westerns, but I do not mind them as much now.