Bad Man’s River / El hombre de Río Malo (Eugenio Martín, 1971)

Garko say’s “There’s no small parts, only small barrels.”

I like this one more every time i watch it. ;D

Good one!!!

Love the new avatar ;D

I was inspired by all the recent chatter. ;D

Hate the new avatar ;D

I’m bad, bad news! :wink:

Could you replace it?

I’ll make you pay ! ! !

I’ve seen a lot of Sapgs of course but not so many as I thought, try to keep uup now, choosing the ones I remenber seing a long time ago back in the good old days of video clubs, there were always a lot spags to rent and the ones with LVC never missed the shelving of the video clubs.
It’s not a masterpiece of course but it’s not so bad as has been said in some revues, I guess the main problem was the director too much sand to his truck, for such a expensive production for the time, they should have chosen someone better.
LVC it’s not bad at all when he tries to be funny no Jerry Lewis, but this more comic parts go well with him, it’s strange to see garko as a sidekick but that’s all, there are some cool lines on it I know an Anne Marie from Kansas city, goes with anyone Anne Marie ;D.
The main problem it’s that everytuhing just looks like some as a sum of scenes one after another. Another complain it’s the soundtrack, i can even stand the main song at the begining but in middle rock music that seems a bad King Crimson record.
I’ll give it a 3 (minus) out of 5, with LVC it’s impossible to give a negative note but only cause of that

This is a great flick, the reviews do it no justice. Its real cheeky, Van Cleef would have raided Western Union instead of going through all the trouble but I love the movie anyway. Would be a nice pairing with Don’t Turn the Other Cheek!

very very funny SW! we need funny westerns!
i like a lot the cast! the music it’s like taken from a cartoon anime

I’m more lenient on some 70s Lee Van Cleef spaghetti westerns than a lot of people - The Return of Sabata is my favourite Sabata and I’m very fond of The Stranger and the Gunfighter - so I had hope this one wouldn’t be too bad. Unfortunately, I found it to be utterly mediocre and with such a great casts, that’s really sad. Too bad, it actually had some of the right ingredients to make a good comedy.

I saw this one fairly recently but all I can remember is the river boat and the random marriage. I think the marriage was when the film sort of lost me. Really pretty bad.

Ha, ha…maybe the best way to view this one.

The car that they escape from the fort in at the end bothers me. In reality it’s got a flat head two cylinder engine or something. They put all those boards on it and all those people, it wouldn’t have moved. Guess that is why they used some old duce n half when they actually drove off.

I was somewhat positive surprised by that flick after reading your comments on “Bad Man’s River”. Sure, soundtrack is annoying, Garkos cast is wasted and some of the long shots of the paddle steamer look like a model swimming in bath tub. But nevertheless a piece of solid entertainment to me.

Watched the recent Italian DVD, came out last year I think, goes under title of ‘Continuavano a fregarsi il milione di dollari’. Its in 2:35:1 and has English audio. Quality is acceptable, but not really good. Anyway, I quite liked the film, I wasn’t expecting the amount of comedy in it when I started watching but it was entertaining enough. Van Cleef was decent, didn’t even recognise Gianni Garko til i read the box and saw he was supposed to be in it. I think the female star, Gina Lollobrigida, stole the show really. She is (was) pretty hot.

all cast is very funny

actually a fan of this SW too