Bad Man’s River / El hombre de Río Malo (Eugenio Martín, 1971)

“It’s a bad, bad movie”

Either this movie was severely cut by a monkey, or director and editor are dilettantes. Every other scene ends with annoying abruptly cut. Anyone knows are there different versions of this movie with different runtimes? (in a way I hope not, otherwise I might be tempted to sit through this again :slight_smile: ). Dubbing was really atrocious, even for SW “standards”.

I guess I used to judge this film on the awful first 11 1/2 minutes which feels like a completely different movie… after that its just a normal decent western with some good action scenes

I liked this one when I was a kid but I haven’t watched it since. I got the stonevision disc but it looks quite bad. It plays in fullscreen on my TV, not widescreen. How is the Italian DVD? I think watching it in its best quality version would help.

Why not go for the blu-ray from Kino Lorber?

I don’t have a Blu Ray player.

Well, if you want to watch movies in the best versions available as you write you really need one. But you have heard that before of course :slight_smile:

Kino released the DVD as well, I doubt it could look better on any other version

Watched the Stonevision DVD today. It’s a good transfer as long as you watch it on a widescreen TV. I enjoyed it and don’t think it’s all that bad.

I watched this again today. It must been around 15 years I saw it first and I didn’t remember a thing about it, only that they were in a ship which made me think it had a plot about poker playing or something like that. I didn’t remember it was a revolution film.

Well, it’s kinda disaster of a film. With this cast you should get something good out of it but it’s just stupid film. First 30 minutes are ok when LVC’s gang is introduced, there’s some good action and the comedic moments are also better but then it starts to get worse and sillier all the time.

My rating: 4/10

This film’s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new “SWDb 3.0” format. Please have a look and let us know if there’s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).
Unfortunately the occasion of me touching that page is Gina’s arrividerci :frowning:

2 Likes