Bad Language in Spaghetti Westerns

This is another post I thought I’d do due to my fascination with microscopic aspects of the spaghettis. Fowl language today is more than less accpeted in movies. The first use of the F word was in 1966 so for films to swear was still uncommon some years after but obviously picked up. Since it took a while for the italians to include squibs, Fowl language is also a rarity. What are your opinions or comments on this subject? What are some thatuse bad language? Obviooulsy, if this post picks up, they will be undoubted swearing so forewarned is forewarned if it offends you.

The most I heard in any spaghetti western is Sonny and Jed.

Yeah, ‘Mutherfucker’ ain’t summat you’d expect to hear in a SW.

And which film would that have been?

We also get a little bit of cursing in “Fistful of dynamite”

The Wild East version of A Reason to Live, A Reason to Die! and Long Live Your Death use the ‘F’ word.

Tuco’s final words in GBU were quite offensive for a film made in 66.

Exept he doesn’t finish his curse similar to Vera Cruz when lancaster’s curse is interupted.

In the german version he does.

[quote=“stanton, post:4, topic:1258”]And which film would that have been?[/quote]The film was called “I’ll never forget o’ll what’is name”. Or “Ulysses”

I’ll Never Forget What’s’isname directed by Michael Winner.

Ulysses directed by Joseph Strick

True but the curse is not interrupted when Tuco is left in the desert by Blondie.

Also, in the MGM extended version, the former deleted scene in the cave, Tuco say’s bullshit.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:6, topic:1258”]The Wild East version of A Reason to Live, A Reason to Die! and Long Live Your Death use the ‘F’ word.[/quote]I din’t notice the one in Long Live Your Death. I know they say balls. Waite a second, was it at the end when Eli Wallach yells something at Lynn Redgrave?

Near the end of the film Lynn Redgrave shouts to Franco Nero and Eli Wallach…‘You fucking bastards’.

Keoma!

This is funny because I’m under the impression that words like “bullshit” and “fucking” were not around yet during the days of the old west. Those terms seemed to be more recent or am I mistaken?

I know that back than people talked much differently.

I believe it was around Shakespearian ties when words such as Fuck starting appearing. But then there is Deadwood
[url]Deadwood Swearing - YouTube

Not to forget Blindman

“Domingo…You’re Fucked!”

Historical authenticity can not be found in the hands of the dubbers!

May I refer to the inaflous German dubs?

But looking for a source of authentic western language would be an interesting task.

much controversy and urban myth around the origins of the term fuck