Bad Language in Spaghetti Westerns

Tell me more.

The most commonly heard myth is the acronym F.U.C.K.

“Fornicating Under Consent of King” - Royal permission granting couples to have children during the Middle Ages. I’ve also heard this referred to as the King’s right to have sex with a wife before the husband did in new marriages.

“For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge” - Law regarding adultery, people having sex before marriage, people having sex in public- etc. FUCK would be placed on the stocks holding the offenders in the town square

“Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge” - Same as above except for rapists, sometimes branded on the rapist’s forehead.

Derived from “fork” as in “forking”

Another one I’ve heard before, was Fuck originating as the term used in the military court martial of men caught having homosexual intercourse… I could swear this one was an acronym also, but I can’t find any information on this particular myth

The most likely…

Originating from verbs in other languages…

German ficken (to fuck); Dutch fokken (to breed, to strike, to beget); dialectal Norwegian fukka (to copulate), and dialectal Swedish fokka (to strike, to copulate) and fock (penis).

There’s a bunch more info I’d never heard of before on the wiki entry for Fuck

[quote=“autephex, post:22, topic:1258”]and dialectal Swedish fokka (to strike, to copulate) and fock (penis).

There’s a bunch more info I’d never heard of before on the wiki entry for Fuck[/quote]

Hehe, this proves you can’t trust wikipedia

Never heard of ‘fokka’ in Swedish, on the other hand you can say ‘focka’ which means ‘fire from work’

And ‘fock’ isn’t a name for penis, it’s some sort of naval term, and you can also say for example ‘slöfock’ which means ‘lazy bastard’

[quote=“Lindberg, post:23, topic:1258”]Hehe, this proves you can’t trust wikipedia

Never heard of ‘fokka’ in Swedish, on the other hand you can say ‘focka’ which means ‘fire from work’

And ‘fock’ isn’t a name for penis, it’s some sort of naval term, and you can also say for example ‘slöfock’ which means ‘lazy bastard’[/quote]

I figured as much… actually the only part of that I had heard was the Dutch term “fokken”. I’m not sure if that’s accurate either, but I saw the other terms listed on Wiki so I figured I’d include them also. The rest of my post is all stuff I’ve heard people actually say, believing its truth

Thanks for the info Autephex…I have learnt something :wink: .

In the words of the great Al Swearengen:

“Now THATS using your fucking noodle!”

The bad language in Sonny and Jed always brings a smile to my face.

[quote=“autephex, post:22, topic:1258”]The most commonly heard myth is the acronym F.U.C.K.

“Fornicating Under Consent of King” - Royal permission granting couples to have children during the Middle Ages. I’ve also heard this referred to as the King’s right to have sex with a wife before the husband did in new marriages.

“For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge” - Law regarding adultery, people having sex before marriage, people having sex in public- etc. FUCK would be placed on the stocks holding the offenders in the town square

“Forced Unlawful Carnal Knowledge” - Same as above except for rapists, sometimes branded on the rapist’s forehead.

Derived from “fork” as in “forking”

Another one I’ve heard before, was Fuck originating as the term used in the military court martial of men caught having homosexual intercourse… I could swear this one was an acronym also, but I can’t find any information on this particular myth

The most likely…

Originating from verbs in other languages…

German ficken (to fuck); Dutch fokken (to breed, to strike, to beget); dialectal Norwegian fukka (to copulate), and dialectal Swedish fokka (to strike, to copulate) and fock (penis).

There’s a bunch more info I’d never heard of before on the wiki entry for Fuck[/quote]
WOW! that’s a lot of fuckin’ information

Zapata westerns in general has swearing. I mean don’t forget Compañeros! :smiley:

If you are really 12, block your ears (& eyes) to this foul mouthed thread

Well, I’m gettin’ use to it from school. :slight_smile:

Fuckin’ kids these days ;D

Tell me about it. Fuck

[url]- YouTube

Ha ha fantastic

Is it OK for me to even type cocksucker on this forum? :-X

Yes. :slight_smile: Look at Tigrero’s quote.

I’ll out a disclaimer on the thread for saftey.

[quote=“korano, post:36, topic:1258”]Yes. :slight_smile: Look at Tigrero’s quote.

I’ll out a disclaimer on the thread for saftey.[/quote]
It was kinda a joke because I already typed it. :-\

Damn, I always ruin jokes.