Arizona Colt Returns / Arizona si scatenò … e li fece fuori tutti (Sergio Martino, 1970)

I always thought that Sergio Martino only did one SW (Mannaja) therfore it came as a surprise to me that he did one more of which I have never heard.
So I wondered if anyone have seen this film?

For more info visit:
Database page: https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Arizona_si_scaten%C3%B2…_e_li_fece_fuori_tutti

Give Arizona Colt Returns your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

Haven´t seen… but looks like a comedy, and should I think, it´s very baaaad.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Arizona_si_scaten%C3%B2…_e_li_fece_fuori_tutti

No, no comedy for sure…

To me, Sergio Martino is one of the great directors of Italian genre films. I’m not much fond of his late spaghetti Mannaja though but I was interested to see his first western Arizona Colt Returns. Basically the story of the film is the same we have seen in dozens of westerns: An outlaw gunslinger with drunk and funny sidekick is paid to get back stolen gold from gang of bandits. Cast is also very regular spaghetti-crew: Anthony Steffen, Roberto Camardiel, Aldo Sambrell, Raf Baldassarre etc. But Sergio Martino’s good directing skills and nice camerawork makes the film stand out among the average Steffen westerns. Especially the action scenes are very well made with imaginative and spectacular tricks. The worst thing about Arizona Colt Returns is the music. The main theme is merry song with funny lyrics which would have better suited comedy western. Of course there is some comedic elements in the film, Roberto Camardiel’s Double Whiskey character for example but towards the end its get more serious and more violent.

My rating 3.5/5

By the way, German members of the forum! Could someone lighten us about the Koch’s interview with Martino and van Husen? Is there anything interesting?

I just got this film on the Koch-media lable.
The film is good, but not great. It would have been better IMO though if Roberto Camardiel’s role had been ommited, that would have made the film a lot more hardboiled.

Yes the comic content doesn’t help the movie one bit. It’s a strange mixture of really tragic events taking place mixed with Camardiel’s whisky-drinking ‘fun’ character. Doesn’t fit the movie at all.

I can’t wait for the double bill from wild east to come out.

Every Wild East SW Release is hotly anticipated by myself.
I have never been disappointed so far.

I liked this movie and maybe one reason was the quality of the Koch Media Release. It depends what someone expects of a SW. Maybe they had no big budget and no good script. Mannaja, also from Director Sergio Martino, is much better and has more violence than Arizona… . There are no big surprises in this movie, and it isn’t a totally bad one. So when you don’t expect too much, you will enjoy it.

The Music of Bruno Nicolai is good as ever, but a little bit too funny in some scenes. :slight_smile:

I am awaiting delivery of the KOCH German release for this Golden STEFFEN/NERI Film.

From the cast, plot, director I can feel an anticipation but will review it once seen

This film was a major disappointment, not nearly as good as the original. I agree with others… Whiskey was very annoying… and that theme song.
I think what I didn’t like was it was just another spaghetti-by-the-numbers, nothing remotely original or anything we haven’t seen before, done better elsewhere. Although Koch did a fantastic job on the restoration. It looked great.

I agree with you: a major dissapointment
I can stand a good comedy, and I can stand a serious SW with a good sense of humour, but this film was neither: it wasn’t a serious western and it wasn’t a comedy. And what was supposed to be funny, simply wasn’t.

By the way: started to work this afternoon, after writing the Death rides a horse review, on your article.

Excellent! I very much look forward to reading it.

I just put reviews up for Arizona Colt and Arizona Colt Returns over at Fistful of Pasta

Just read them.
A new release, by Wild East, of Arizona Colt was announced earlier, but as far as I know it has been cancelled
There’s a French release of the movie, but I can’t find much info on it
Always liked the film; it may be a bit typical story-wise, but it’s a lot more violent than most other Gemma movies

You’ll have your text by the end of next week

What makes you say that? Do you know something I don’t ???

Hmm, I wonder if they meant they were rereleasing it. I have the Wild East version. Perhaps they found a better source material and are taking another stab at it, because the current Wild East one is a bit rough in spots, scratches, missing frames and such…

Wild East is or was going to release a Arizona Colt / Arizona Colt Returns with a remastered version of Arizona Colt which should be a lot better than the current Man From Nowhere release.

Was Wild East going to do an improved version of their If You Meet Sartana Pray for Your Death at one point or was this just rumour?

Someone in here mentioned it, but have never seen it confirmed anywhere… Will the real Slim Shady please stand up and confirm where he/she got that info !?

I don’t think I am the one you are looking for; but, as of about three months ago…the improved version of IF YOU MEET SARTANA…PRAY FOR YOUR DEATH was still on the books for Wild East to release in the future (no firm street date, or even an estimate at this time, though).

I went the long way and threw a mail at Wild East and can now confirm that the Arizona Colt / Arizona Colt Returns release is NOT cancelled and WILL be released later this year… So that is good news :slight_smile:

@Chris: Thanks for the Saratana-answer. Glad to hear it just wasn’t rumours then but had solid grounds.