Arizona Colt Returns / Arizona si scatenò … e li fece fuori tutti (Sergio Martino, 1970)

Job well done Søren.

If a film starts with lyrics like “beng, bong, bang, yippie, yippie, yeah” … well, it only can get better, but it doesn’t.

The 1st half is so, so, the 2nd half is mostly boring, because of a predominant lack of ideas (story and directing).

A totally routine product is this, and that’s from a director who made his debut. (Reminds me that I was disappointed in a similar way by Mannaja, which I will (wanted?) to rewatch)

1 Like

I thought this one was average at best. And i simple hated that annoying bastard “Whiskey” most annoying character in any SW so far for me.

Ok, I don’t hate him, but I know, what you mean… generally I’m not so much into sidekicks as well.

Hi, [back after extended absence ;)]

Finally, I caught up to this SW. I agree with Bill;

To me, Sergio Martino is one of the great directors of Italian genre films. (edit) though but I was interested to see his first western Arizona Colt Returns. (edit) Sergio Martino's good directing skills and nice camerawork makes the film stand out among the average Steffen westerns. Especially the action scenes are very well made with imaginative and spectacular tricks. The worst thing about Arizona Colt Returns is the music.

I found myself singing and humming that theme song all dam day. :smiley:
Steffen’s “beard” make-up in some of his early close-ups is quite Emmett Kelly-ish.

Director Martino did not embarass himself with his first film. I enjoyed the movie.

??? surprised to see only 3 members voted in film poll!

In the US, Netflix has this available FYI

Peace.

This movie seems to be not very popular,but i enjoyed it,too.

And yes,i like this damn song !
Now,we’re talking about, its in my head again…

‘I guess i’m gonna get my gun,i guess i’m gonna shoot someone -
Bang Bang yeah yippie,yippie yeah…’

I forgot it as well…

Would you advise me to listen to the theme as well?

Cram cotton wool in your ears

1 Like

I might do it… let’S see if I’m brave enough…

;D

Would you advise me to listen to the theme as well?

only for a laugh… :smiley:

1 Like

[url]ARIZONA COLT RETURNS - GERMAN TRAILER - YouTube

Does anybody know the theme used in the trailer?

That, amigo, is the theme of The Stranger Returns. I you want to hear it over and over again, I would suggest you to watch some films by Gianni Crea ;).

The music by Bruno Nicolai does not fit this film at all. The theme song is so corny and ridiculous, but I find the melody infectious.

I do like the Double-Whiskey character played by Camardiel and it was wise for Steffen to create his own Arizona Colt rather than try to mimic Gemma.

Not a bad film, but no better than average.

Martino is one of my favourite italian directors but I was disappointed by this one, which has not much to do with the original ARIZONA COLT.

I thing he didn’t really create a character, he simply played his normal gunslinger :wink:

I think, when you watch this flick you have to forget that it is supposed to be a AC sequel. Just watch it a a Steffen film, then it really gets better !!!

[quote=“Dillinger, post:35, topic:577”]I thing he didn’t really create a character, he simply played his normal gunslinger ;)[/quote]That’s true. And the “sidekick” is really an American phenomenon, not SWish.

Pretty silly the title song to the film, which is played to much in the first section of the film. Had the feel of being made earlier than it was at times, but not really sure why. Maybe the style of the film. Thought some of the voices on the english dub were a bit mixed up… some the voices would have been suited to other characters more. Better than I thought it would be after reading some of the past comments in this thread.

Saw this one in cinemas in the 70s and never went back to it. Thought it was silly and horrible, an uneasy mix of violence and comedy (and Steffen)
But you never know, maybe these days my thoughts would (or will) be more positive.

Rewatched it yesterday night
I like it a bit more now than I did back then (I even liked this silly theme song this time around), but it cannot be called great …

Arizona has arrived:

REVIEW:
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Arizona_Colt_Returns_Review

2 Likes

Bruno Nicolai’s theme song certainly is most bizarre. I love its lyrics:

Aye-von, aye-von

I guess I gotta get my gun
I guess I gotta shoot someone

Bang-bang, jey yippie, yippie-ey

Bang-bang, hey whooppie, whooppie-oh

Bang-bang, bing-bang, bong-bang, bing-bang, bong-bang – get yippie-ey

Bang-bang, hey yippie, yippie-ey

Bang-bang, hey whooppie, whooppie-oh

My thoughts on the movie (in bloody German), focussing on Paloma González, the character played by Rosalba Neri:

http://nerdistan.at/die-ruckkehr-der-vielen-tode-der-rosalba-n-thanatologie-1970-1974/

3 Likes