Arizona Colt (Michele Lupo, 1966)

There’s a new poll up for Arizona Colt at the top of the page!

1 Like

The copy submitted to the board of censors (3189 meters) included a scene in which a man is strangled by a wagon wheel: in all probability this happened before the change of shot at 1:38:09. :thinking:

2 Likes

One of the last Wild East blu-rays. I would have kept buying from them forever. Such a bummer.

5 Likes

Same. Does anyone actually know why they closed?

There’s a topic for that :wink:

I decided to revisit Arizona Colt since the last time I watched it must have been 2015… time really does fly! I think it’s one of the better examples of the genre. I forgot how violent Fernando Sancho’s character is! Arizona himself is an unusual hero. He cheats, he demands the woman as payment for the bounty and yet he has a deceptively angelic appearance (as the pastor points out). All of the elements work very well. It might look like a routine spaghetti western for some viewers but I think it’s different enough to make it stand out. What a great soundtrack, too!

8 Likes

I think its one of the clear classics.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree. Outside of the big Leone hitters and Corbucci’s top stuff, this is one of the big Spags I recommend everyone to watch.

3 Likes

The soundtrack to ‘Arizona Colt’ is, without doubt, one of Francesco de Masi’s best…

1 Like

The entire soundtrack can be found on Youtube.

1 Like

Great stuff. Lives up to the nickname ‘Ringo 3’. The theme is fun to play on guitar also.

1 Like

The story of Arizona Colt is here just the engine for the colourful characters that are amazingly casted.

You have Gemma as “trolling” Arizona, stunning Corinne Marchand as stunning Jane :cupid:, Camardiel as probably the most loveable and always drunk sidekick in SW history called Whiskey and a classical duo of playful baddies portrayed by Sancho and Pazzafini.

All nicely shot and with beautiful cheesy score. 5/5

3 Likes