Arizona Colt (Michele Lupo, 1966)

Just watched this for the first time in about five years last night and certainly enjoyed it as much as I had previously, maybe even a little more. Definitely in my top 50 and it could even be in my top 40. The only real problem is I think it pales in comparison to California in my humble, which I think is a lot more of a thrilling and hard-hitting experience, but that doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t love it for a second.

Can anyone give me some advice on the Wild East BluRay? Is the quality any good?

Mine should arrive today, will get back to you

1 Like

It looks amazing to me! Good print, good colours and clear audio. A no brainer!

Thanks @ElDavido

Finally got around to rewatch this through the new WE blu ray. While the print turns out to be far from perfect, itā€™s a huge upgrade from the earlier versions released. I enjoyed it immensely and this is definitely a top 10 for me!

The commentary is pretty good too. Even though he calls the director ā€œMichelleā€ instead of ā€œMee-kel-ehā€. Weā€™ll let that one slide.

1 Like

No we wonā€™t! :wink: ā€¦ whoā€™s doing the commentary track?

Lee Broughton. Itā€™s strange how genre experts have a vested interest in getting this stuff wrong :frowning_face:
But itā€™s cool to have a commentary on a WE release. Itā€™s the first Iā€™m aware of.

2 Likes

The best bonus on a WE disc ever must be the interview with Fulci on the Massacre Time release, his love for Franco Nero is just wonderful!

1 Like

Hmm, some well concealed irony could be perceived in your comment (as opposed to Fulciā€™s statement !).

That interview is gold.

Iā€™m thinking of buying the Blu Ray, but itā€™s not cheap.
Does the Wild East Blu ray have English subtitles?

So I am watching Gastaldi tell a story about this movie, and either I misunderstand the interview, or he misremembers, but it sounds like Lupo didnā€™t direct this, but Valerii?
It is the interview on the Grand Duel BluRay by Arrow

I watched this interview also - just a glitch in the memory, Iā€™d guess.

just rewatched this from the new BluRay and boy, I didnā€™t remember it being this good, but I think it is (with some minor exceptions). Excellent writing and Fernando is on fire

5 Likes

Gastaldi refers for sure to My Name is Nobody, when Lupo was replaced by Valerii three weeks before the shooting started (the screenwriter has spoken about this on various occasions).

What are the exceptions, Seb?

drop my review into DeepL :wink:

1 Like

@Phil_H and @Carlos have upgraded this movieā€™s page in the SWDb to the new ā€œSWDb 3.0ā€ format .
Please have a look and let us know if thereā€™s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).