Apocalypse Joe / Un uomo chiamato Apocalisse Joe (Leopoldo Savona, 1970)

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:20, topic:285ā€]Right, thatā€™s another Gemma-like performance by Steffen, complete with somersaults, flick-flacks and double Rittbergers (or whatever). Serious now: I didnā€™t understand how they could ever cast Steffen in a sequel of a Gemma movie: you wonā€™t find two actors within the genre whose acting styles are further apart.
Iā€™m all but a Steffen fan, but I do admit that he could be quite effective, but not in this type of movies.[/quote]

Like a lotta Spaghettis Arizona Colt Returns is a sequel in name only right? Different director etc etc.

To be truthful, I did not mind Steffen in this. I was just glad he wore a decent hat and kept the glowering silent shit to a minimum.
But I much prefer him in Savonaā€™s Killer Kid.

I kinda liked Killer Kid as well, although itā€™s one of the strangest revolution westerns ever.

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:12, topic:285ā€]I honestly think itā€™s among the worst
ā€¦
Your turn, Reverend![/quote]

God sent an angel and it spake unto me saying :
ā€œApocalypse Joe is great - vieweth it henceforth amigo. Verily thou shouldst ignoreth the unbelievers for they know not a goodie when it doth jump up and bite them on their heathen arses!ā€

Must be a fallen angel ā€¦

It wasnā€™t even the Angel, it was the Badman

[quote=ā€œReverend Danite, post:23, topic:285ā€]God sent an angel and it spake unto me saying :
ā€œApocalypse Joe is great - vieweth it henceforth amigo. Verily thou shouldst ignoreth the unbelievers for they know not a goodie when it doth jump up and bite them on their heathen arses!ā€[/quote]Hail! I art not a sinner. Iā€¦Fuckething(?!)ā€¦Loveā€¦ethā€¦this materpiece. How many here like Kill them all? What the fuck d you think that was!? Non stop action. But I donā€™t have much against Kill them all, I just like this one alot better. I like Steffenā€¦thereā€¦I said it!

Yeah, as you said. Kill them all - non stop action - gets some good reviews. Personally I thought it was poor in comparison to this.
You and me broā€™ - different Gods maybe - who cares? Weā€™ll both be watchinā€™ this in heaven - apocalypse or not!

Oh yeah, I forgot Iā€™m talkinā€™ to a reverend. Perhaps I should go see my Iman. :wink: Is it really only you and me rev you like this one? Iā€™m stickinā€™ with it.

How many languages do you speak Korano? 'Cause I donā€™t recognize this one.
:wink:

HEHEHE! Well, Iā€™m having trouble enoug wth English.

But I do know assorted phrases in other languages. Non fluently.

For the Germans, I know Halts Mal! (shut up for non germans)

Salah Maleikum , Maharba (Arabic)

Ah, it could go on for a while. Iā€™m getting confused. I think Iā€™ll pop in Old Joe to straighten me out. ;D

Reverend language perhaps :D.

Actually itā€™s ā€œHalts Maulā€. But maybe you or your PC only forgot the u.

Anyway, itā€™s a good start to come into the german language, even if the younger generation (in perfect denglish) meanwhile would use a ā€œfuck offā€ instead.

Since youā€™re a Muslim, you gotta have this right:

Salaam 'alaikum
Salaam = peace , 'ala = on, (i)kum = you
Itā€™s a greeting, you can use it when you meet somebody, or when you say goodbye to him
The answer to it is (again) 'Salaam ā€˜alaikumā€™ or 'Wa ā€˜alakum as-salaamā€™ (and on you the peace)

The word salaam has been derived from the three-letter-root S-L-M (siem-laam-miem), the most important root in the Arabic language

SaLaMa = to submit
iSLaaM = Islam, submission (to God)
SaLaaM = peace, state of submission
muSLim = he who is in a state of submission
SuLiM = ladder, way to peace, to submission etc.

Salaah exists (but itā€™s a different S), it means ā€˜virtueā€™ or ā€˜devotionā€™ or simply ā€˜satisfactionā€™
An important Muslim leader during the times of the crusades (heā€™s in Kingdom of Heaven) was Salaah-ad-dien (devoted to the faith), we usually call him Saladdin

Mar Haban = welcome
The answer is (again) ā€˜Mar habanā€™ or ā€˜mar haban bikā€™

My Arabic is a bit rough. Sounds like yo got it down though.

Iā€™m all but fluent in Arabic, though
I followed Arabic class for three years, one night (three hours) every week, and thatā€™s not enough for a language as difficult as this one. But itā€™s a beautiful language, very elegant, a pleasure to study. I wish I was thirty years younger and had more time.

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:35, topic:285ā€]Iā€™m all but fluent in Arabic, though
I followed Arabic class for three years, one night (three hours) every week, and thatā€™s not enough for a language as difficult as this one. But itā€™s a beautiful language, very elegant, a pleasure to study. I wish I was thirty years younger and had more time.[/quote]

Dude, what DONā€™T you know? You are amazing.

I was just going to say the same thing.

If nobody minds, letshave a little of topic here.

Alright Scherp, how much Gaelic do you know? Can you describe the difference between Coke and Pepsi?

To everyone else, I have to let you guys know Iā€™m NOT a Muslim. Only Korano is.

I think this one was alright. Much shooting and some nice scenes. I give this a 3/5

I wasnā€™t expecting much from this, but I was surprised at how enjoyable it was. When I first watched this, it was right after seeing W DJANGO, so that was two good Steffen movies back to back!

I think, Steffen is always good entertainment. You know what you get, and everyone is satisfied.