Another Spaghetti coming from the Warner Archives

That will be a nice one if its a better looking print/transfer than whatever version I have… I think its the Shoarma release. Just had a look at it and like I remembered, its pretty crappy looking

[quote=“autephex, post:2, topic:3063”]That will be a nice one if its a better looking print/transfer than whatever version I have…[/quote]I should imagine it will be, Warner archive discs are normally pretty decent.

Been waiting for a good release of this one for a while.

Can’t seem to see the picture (I’m in work) - what movie is it?

It’s a Warner Archive release of The Five Man Army.

Oh cool! Don’t have that

Thanks John

Well, I don’t like the movie too much, but I’m glad that more and more spags are being released. Hope it’s not the last one by WB.

I’m not much for the movie either, but I love the theme song - so in that case, I’m glad it’s around.

Yes, I can listen to it over and over again. This is the best thing in this movie.

I haven’t seen FIVE MAN ARMY in a long time. We’re talking decades. I wasn’t quite a child anymore when it bored me in the theater. I was impatient for the main feature – and I don’t remember what that was. I remember I liked the pretty music and the beautiful photography, but I laughed out loud when the Mexican raised his head under the sombrero and there was the face of secret agent Jim Phelps. Anyhow, I’d like to get reacquainted with FIVE MAN ARMY after all these years. So I’ll buy the DVD-R.

What’s the other spaghetti western Warner Archives released?

Hate For Hate

They released El Condor which may be of interest to SW fans, good quality 16:9.

Looking forward to Five Man Army, hopefully a lot better than my Triple X Film version.

Just been reading on the old Spaghetti western web board that the Warner Archive release of Five Man Army has a new opening scene added:

[url]http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?disc=160642;article=175079;title=Spaghetti%20Western%20Web%20Board[/url]

I wonder how it will compare to this recent fandub, sourced from a German TV HD recording

That looks amazing compared to the horrible Thai TripleX dvd, and the sound is even worse than the picture

[/URL] [url]http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=086318957_fivemanarmy_thai_1_122_422lo.jpg

[quote=“autephex, post:15, topic:3063”]I wonder how it will compare to this recent fandub, sourced from a German TV HD recording

[/quote]

Whoa nelly!

I want this. How do I get?

But I doubt that it is real HD.

The fandub isn’t true HD, but the original recording from German HD TV is true 720p with filesize of 7.52GB. If you get the fandub, you could get the original recording and add the English track to it, and it would be a 720p version.

I got it via torrent

But most likely only HD from a LD source.

Many HD programs are still not real HD. This is most likely the same master which the ARD has aired many times, but now upscaled from 576p to 720p.