And Now … Make Your Peace with God / Ed ora … raccomanda l’anima a Dio! (Demofilo Fidani, 1968)

Database page: https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Ed_ora…_raccomanda_l%27anima_a_Dio!

Don’t have a lot to say about this one that I haven’t already said about other Fidanis. As usual, I found it to be good fun. And it was nice to have a decent picture quality from the Global DVD

Just mainly wanted to mention that scene towards the end where the baddy at the top of the stairs in the saloon gets shot, falls onto and slides down the railing has got to be one of the coolest and most unique death scenes in a spaghetti I’ve seen… :stuck_out_tongue:

The Global is fullscreen in’t it? Does it appear to be open matte?

You know I’m not sure. I was wondering that myself because I have a widescreen TV and it looked like a widescreen picture, which would indicate open matte… I’ll have to check it out and see if I can tell

Database linkhttp://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Ed_ora…_raccomanda_l%27anima_a_Dio!

[quote=“autephex, post:1, topic:1721”]Just mainly wanted to mention that scene towards the end where the baddy at the top of the stairs in the saloon gets shot, falls onto and slides down the railing has got to be one of the coolest and most unique death scenes in a spaghetti I’ve seen… :P[/quote]Fidani sure is one hell of a good action director. I love the way guys are always making spectacular falls from the roof tops and cliffs. Maybe it doesn’t look really convincing but it’s surely fun.

And now make peace is quite good one. I like the beginning where the 3 guys are introduced in the beginning and soon they discover they’re all after the same man.

I watched this yesterday… unfortunately, the quality of my version was terrible… it was skippy all around, almost like quarter of every other second was missing. Needless to say, I regrettably fell asleep (most likely due to being way overworked!) and missed a lot of if. What I did see, as usual from Fidani, was killer.

As for the scene with the guy sliding down the railing… that must have been scary for the guy sliding, haha, you can see how much the railing shakes due to shoddy construction (anyone ever notice that? Railings in these movies are never secure… they always shake like crazy.)

Do you really expect old world craftsmanship from a Fidani set? :))

I agree. Have you seen Django Story?

[quote=“Silence, post:7, topic:1721”]I agree. Have you seen Django Story?[/quote]yes, I’ve seen 'em all :slight_smile:

I’ve only seen two… Which one is your favorite?

[quote=“Silence, post:9, topic:1721”]I’ve only seen two… Which one is your favorite?[/quote]One Damned Day at Dawn … Django meets Sartana and Dead Men Don’t Make Shadows are my favorites. I also like His name was Sam Wallash because of the camp values.

Just rewatched And Now… Certainly one of Fidani’s more solid efforts, though his ham-fisted storytelling-style is immediately apparent (those clumsy flashbacks at the beginning).

His action scenes always remind me of the recreations the stuntmen stage at Mini Hollywood (and, for that matter, like kids’ cowboys-and-Indians games) - like everyone’s trying too hard.

I watched this one yesterday and thought it was fun as well. It doesn´t start too well, but after the flashbacks I found the story telling to be better than in the average Fidani. The cast was good, but I didn´t see Simonetta Vitelli, even though she is listed in the database. As Bill mentioned the action is a lot of fun. I really thought Cameron would head off with the gold, but he didn´t. So I couldn´t really say why he joined the Denver City quest, even though I aprreciated his presence.

And of course there are some typical Fidani moments. A horrible tune from a saloon lady that goes on and on, a fight scene where a guy kicks ass using his beer belly and his butt and the acrobatic dying scenes of people getting shot. Fun, fun, fun.

Fidani’s second movie certainly belongs to his better ones. First of all the title song “Just a Coward” really isn’t that bad and so is the cast: Fabio Testi (doing well in his first leading role), Ettore Manni (still looking well before alcohol destroyed him) and Jeff Cameron (who became a Fidani regular). Even Demofilo himself is taking part in this movie (he also does in ‘Shadow of Sartana…’) as Testi’s grandfather in one of the flashbacks (which are terrible by the way).

This is one of the cheesy highlights of the movie! The lady sings something like:“Hnng, hrrh, mon amour, yes I love to love, I always love, hnng, hrrh, hnng, yes cherriè, ohh, très joulie, haaha…”.

Hillarious ;D ;D ;D

Dick Spitfire himself:

Here our lovely Saloon-Lady singing:

“Hnng, hrrh, mon amour, yes I love to love, I always love, hnng, hrrh, hnng, yes cherriè, ohh, très joulie, haaha…”.

:slight_smile: :smiley: ;D

Have been working my way through the Fidani’s slowly over the past couple of years. I find they are enjoyed better with some breathing space between. This one, as mentioned above, is actually one of his better ones despite a wafer thin plot and not much acting on show at any time in particular. In fact, it seemed to me that the script was written purely with stunt men in mind. Which is not a bad idea when Jeff Cameron is one of your leads. It also plays to Fidani’s strengths of course so what we wind up with is a whole bunch of harmless fun and some wonderful, overplayed stunt deaths of which the afore mentioned bannister slide is a highlight. There is also a great one where a guy gets shot on a balcony and does such an exaggerated leap of death that he he does a twisting somersault clear over the railing. Would have scored a 9.5 at any olympics. ;D

Like Bad Lieutenant I couldn’t help buit be a tad confused as to what exactly Cameron’s character was after but filed this away in the same Fidani puzzle box as the 3 named gunmen (Peter Martell, Gordon Mitchell etc) from Sam Wallash who never appear again. All just part of the Fidani legend. ;D

Good fun and utter nonsense.

Early on we have some flashbacks which I enjoyed. Like the way the characters just told their story, with none of this I cannot tell you yet. Load of freak characters in the first saloon, the best being this large woman. A nod to a more well known western when a lawman is called John Corbett. Short and sweet film and always good to see another one by this director. All in all as others have said this is a fun film.

I think otherwise, probably the worst Fidani of the seven I’ve seen till now: the colourful opening credits sequence in the pure SW style seems rather promising, but almost immediately the film turns out to be a strong competitor for everybody’s Bottom-20.

No, the fullscreen version is considerably cropped.

Watched this one about a week ago or so and as it turns out, it’s not as bad as some other Fidani’s. Nothing special really, but I liked the way the plot/story unfolds with the three strangers joining together right after a stagecoach robbery. You’ve got the usual town baddie, long bar fights, shootouts with some ridiculous dives and one of the worst saloon song’s where she is humming most of the time. Fun stuff, it goes well with a few beers.