And Now … Make Your Peace with God / Ed ora … raccomanda l’anima a Dio! (Demofilo Fidani, 1968)

Wouldn’t exaggerate if I said that I looked at the timer about 25 times in those 80 min it lasted. Every scene was a small war on my patience. Pretty bad, even for Fidani’s standards.

And now for something completely Fidani:

[size=12pt]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/And_Now_…_Make_your_Peace_with_God_Review[/size]

A review of the movie and some biographical notes on Persian (Iranian) actor FARDIN

1 Like

Brilliant review. I liked the ending notes about Simone ;).

The movie itself is not very bad…
average soundtrack and nice shooting and weak acting 8)

Very enjoyable spaghetti! Not sure what took me so long to finally watch it but I loved it. Plenty of action and never boring.

I now have two widescreen recordings from different Italian TV stations… the original had been fandubbed by hocico and he also added the first 7 minutes from the English version because it was missing

The new one has the original rotoscope styled intro credits and the missing 7 minutes.

I will be fandubbing it, but I’m still looking it over to see if there are other differences and how much work it will be.

Its a better picture quality than the first widescreen fandub, but still suffers from some color problems so I may consider also doing color correction and picture improvement as well, just to make this one extra special

Edit: added exact screen comparison to the Global Video FS

1 Like

Interestingly, this one also seems to have intermission screen included at 37min:

Intermission in a Fidani picture :thinking:

1 Like

Essential for me :rofl:

1 Like

Gives you the time to grab another beer and not lifting a finger to pause the print :grinning:

1 Like

First attempt tonight at applying some color correction to the TV print (video movement is a little weird due to youtube recompression):

original first, color corrected second

1 Like

I’ve gotta see this movie just for the song! LOL

Big improvement with the image :+1:

2 Likes

I really enjoyed this film the last time I watched it. One of Fidani’s best films for me but I tend to enjoy Fidani in general. I haven’t really watched one that I didn’t like.

Its a pretty ridiculous song where the dubber seems to be making up the words on the spot

Always reminds me of this:

1 Like

I have a cut dvd of the film And Now Make Peace With God and was wondering if someone might be able to help me out. In the film there are three vengeance seeking characters in Stanley Maserick, Steve Cooper and Sanders. The motivation behind Stanley and Steve’s vengeance is explained, but Sanders motivation is never revealed at least in my print. Anyone know of his motivation for revenge? My dvd is cut of around five minutes and was thinking maybe that info was cut from my print!
Thanks

1 Like

Sanders is not seeking revenge: he’s just a man of action, one who enjoys adventurous and dangerous situations and is interested in money, and this serves to leave us in uncertainty about his behavior at the end of the movie.

:star::star:

1 Like

This film’s entry in our database has been updated to the new layout. Pleas contribute to it.