And His Name Was Holy Ghost / … e lo chiamarono Spirito Santo (Roberto Mauri, 1971)

Database page: E lo chiamarono Spirito Santo - The Spaghetti Western Database

Beginning of Roberto Mauri Spirito Santo trilogy.

At the beginning of the film we see how a woman gives birth to a child. A white dove comes and the boy is called Spirito Santo. Of Course, a white dove reminiscent of the eponymous character, played by Gianni Garko (Uomo avvisato mezzo ammazzato… Parola di Spirito Santo / Director: Giuliano Carnimeo). But both films have nothing in common.

Roberto Mauri film is more serious. Unfortunately, illustrated with many lengths that make the film sometimes quite lengthy. In addition, there are very few shootings, and it
often lack the action.

Vassili Karis make his best, but looks a little overwhelmed for the lead role. His opponents are Mimmo Palmara and Jack Betts. Palmara plays a idian as sheriff, and Betts has a mustache that he is almost not detected.

Mimmo Palmara Jack Betts (right)

The film takes place only at very few locations, and looks very cheap. The score by Carlo Savina is ok but nothing earth shattering.

Certainly a rather below average film.

[/URL]

My ideas about the movie are a bit more positive (maybe the Holy Ghost inspired me):

[size=12pt][url=http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/And_his_Name_was_Holy_Ghost_Review]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/And_his_Name_was_Holy_Ghost_Review[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/vlcsnap2012100818h14m43.png/[/url][/size]

Just read the review. I guess it’s worth seeing.
Is that tvrip available at some known torrent site (or equivalent)?

[quote=“p.pereira, post:3, topic:2606”]Just read the review. I guess it’s worth seeing.
Is that tvrip available at some known torrent site (or equivalent)?[/quote]

It’s available at Cinemageddon (only Italian audio)
I don’t think there’s an English (Portuguese?) language release.

Understood. Thanks.
I gave up looking for friendly language releases (in my case portuguese, spanish, english; in this order). Portugal has only a fistful of releases and brazilian’s usually suck. In the spanish market on the other hand I managed to collect some interesting items, but the majority have lousy image or contain cut versions. So nowadays I’m improving my italian and thanks to that I’ve been buying also some original italian DVDs… not many cause Troika is watching!

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:4, topic:2606”]It’s available at Cinemageddon (only Italian audio)[/quote]You can also find the whole trilogy with english subs at cg.

Could not open the subs files (one only as a written version, not as a .srt I could transfer to the copy)

The srt files are also available from Cult Film Subs.

I don’t need them, ENNIOO, not for a Spirito Santo movie, they’re not that complicated and the dialogue wasn’t wrtitten by Petrarca himself

Not a very complex film like you say.

this Spirito Santo trilogy has intrigued me a little
but i have no account on CG and i can’t do it without an invitation of member
can anyone help me with this? pleeeez

[quote=“tomas, post:11, topic:2606”]this Spirito Santo trilogy has intrigued me a little
but i have no account on CG and i can’t do it without an invitation of member
can anyone help me with this? pleeeez[/quote]

I haven’t yet reached the level to invite people

tomas, pm me your email address

thaaanks, i’ll do that right away

I haven’t grabbed this set yet myself, thanks for pointing it out Bill

I’ll do the other two movies in the next few weeks

I’ve never seen any of them, are they worth a look?

Don’t know if i should download or not. :-\

Why not?

If it’s got any slapstick comedy, I won’t bother with it.

So far, I only watched the first one. No slapstick in it. There are a few would-be funny moments (one of those singular snouts eating beans with two spoons, a reference, I guess, to Trinity), but no barroom nonsense, and that kind of stuff.