Alright, Gianni Crea or Demofilo Fidani

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:17, topic:1458”]Check out the Tiger from the River Kwai. It’s worst sw I’ve seen.

Lattanzi is a good candidate but I’ve seen only Tiger from… maybe his other film are better.[/quote]

Sei bounty killers per una strage is better, at least it has decent score and some good actors (Woods, O’Brien). Final gunfight is pretty cool. It’s more like average Fidani than Tiger From River Kwai, not good by any standards but not one of the worst either.

I think that all of directors mentioned here (Fidani, Crea, Mauri) had their better moments. What they have common is that annoying recycling of footage from their older films. Fidani and Mauri went as far as to make entire movies just patched together from their previous efforts. Crea never did that. Honestly, I don’t see why he is said to be so much worse than Fidani. My rating for Crea’s films:

The Law of Violence (1969) - 1 out of 5
Finders Killer (1970) 2.5 out of 5
Magnificent West (1971) - haven’t seen it
On the Third Day Arrived the Crow (1973) 1.5 out of 5
Seven Devils on a Horseback (1975) 2.5 out of 5

I cannot argue with a confident man :).

[quote=“Silver Wolf, post:21, topic:1458”]The Law of Violence (1969) - 1 out of 5
Finders Killer (1970) 2.5 out of 5[/quote]

Dear me, shock of the day …

Haven’t seen The law of Violence, but if it’s more than twice as bad as Finders Killers, it must be bad beyond comprehension (BBC ?)

I just wanted to take another glass of wine, now I have to take three to recover

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:23, topic:1458”]Dear me, shock of the day …

Haven’t seen The law of Violence, but if it’s more than twice as bad as Finders Killers, it must be bad beyond comprehension (BBC ?)[/quote]
I must admit that The Law of Violence is better made in many ways, it has a story that actually makes sense (something that no other Crea western has!) and some shooting locations look pretty ok. The thing is that trying to do a “real” story-oriented film without any money is a risky thing. With tLoV they tried just that and ended up with a film that has technically ok storyline but is incredibly boring. Finders Killers & 7 Devils are much worse technically but they work in a way many Fidani films do, as senseless trashy action. It’s all matter of opinion of course. I think that Bill said earlier that tLoV is his favorite Crea because of strong plot.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:23, topic:1458”]Dear me, shock of the day …

Haven’t seen The law of Violence, but if it’s more than twice as bad as Finders Killers, it must be bad beyond comprehension (BBC ?)

I just wanted to take another glass of wine, now I have to take three to recover[/quote]

Well, I respectfully disagree with Silver Wolf. I would reverse the ratings. Law of Violence while bad, at least looks like a western. Finders Killers looks like it was filmed in my backyard…by my eight year old son…blindfolded

Just reading about Crea makes me feel dirty. Heehee

You have me interested in seeing Law of Violence now in order to see how bad it is, will have to search for in my to view pile.

What’s so bad about Tiger from the River Kwai?

I like these kung fu-SWs so this one seems interesting :smiley:

[quote=“alk0, post:7, topic:1458”]We need more options to choose from[/quote]I only put Crea and Fidani becuase they are the most well known and most talked about it the bad topics. Valley of Death wasn’t too bad and Mauri is kinda elusive. His DVD’s that is. At least to my knowledge. I think Crea and Fidani are the only comparable directors who are as well knownas they are.

How about Luigi Batzella (aka Paolo Solvay and a million other aliases)?

I haven’t actually seen his westerns yet, and there are only 3, but judging from his complete resume I’d think just about all his works are very bad. I did see his abysmal war movie Quando Suona La Campana, one of the all-time worst in that genre. His westerns are: Django’s Cut Price Corpses (1.4 on IMDB), Paid in Blood (no votes) and God Is My Colt .45 (2.5 on IMDB, Joe d’Amato as uncredited co-director). I have them on my watch list, but I’m kinda hesitant… ::slight_smile:

I saw a few Fidani’s, and while bad, they still have some redeeming worth. They look like full movie versions of those western shows you could visit with your mom and dad as a kid.

“His name was Sam Wallach, but they call him Amen” is a really bad Fidani-western, but still he made better efforts like “A coffin full of dollars” and even “Django vs Sartana” couldn’t be considered to be among the worst, so I would’n vote for Fidani. Yet, I can’t vote for Gianni Crea either, as I haven’t seen any of his films.

Lucky you

I have to say this again I think. I am not trying to make a worst director thread. Just a poll between these two because they were both prolific, and terrible. But so many here seem to say Crea to Fidani while the experts in their books say Fidani. I’m sure Solvoy made bad ones but he isn’t as well known. And if he didn’t make that many, he shouldn’t represent the worst of the genre.

What about José Maria Zabalza? I have not seen any of his films but after what I’ve heard his movies are awfully bad!

Not a worst director thread. A debate between these two overly qualified directors. They are the most well known of the trash directors.

Muchly prefer Fidani.

I just got Crow so I’ll check it out and see what it lookslike.

How is this not a worst director thread, when the poll question is:
"Who is the worst Spaghetti Western director? "

I refuse to acknowledge the notion that Fidani is a bad director :smiley:

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:37, topic:1458”]How is this not a worst director thread, when the poll question is:
"Who is the worst Spaghetti Western director? "[/quote]You got me ther. but what I mean is who s the worst between these two.

I agree. The worst pieces of crap in the spaghetti western genre are not his. Besides that, this guy had the talent to make a fun movie, despite shoe string budgets.