Almeria Western Film Festival 2011

http://www.almeriawesternfilmfestival.info/

Who is going? The SWDB is cooperation partner, would be great if some of you would make it there. Dicfish and I are working on some information on the festival and which movies are shown etc…

Who’s up for it then?

I wish I could make it… Havent been to Spain and its first on my list of places to go… Probably never be many other opportunities to see They Call Him Cemetery on the big screen either :frowning:

I wish they had this festival one or two weeks earlier. The first week of September, the first week of the new school year, is absolutely the most difficult time of the year for me.
I still have three or four years to go before I can take my pension (still some confusion about this, I live in Belgium, so nothing is quite clear)

I won’t be far the day in which we all have to work until 75 or 80 before retiring, even to die will be forbiden by the welfare system

I’ll try to make it, will have to travel alone staying one day and then comeback on the other, let’s see if its possible, it’s also a complicated date for me.

Will not be long I reckon before state pension in the U.K will be 70.

Without being selfish I need to go with someone who can drive. Almeria with no transport is not an option.

we can do a car rental again…

[quote=“Sebastian, post:9, topic:2792”]we can do a car rental again…[/quote]That’s fine by me. As you know Seb a car is essential out there. I can’t drive :wink:

Neither can I

I can, I’ll have to go driving

SEMPTEMBER 8th-11th 2011

So how about getting flights on the 7th and return flights on the 12th?

In case of need, I can drive. I have a licence but I’m no longer used to driving. I only did it over the past 20 years when my wife had broken her arm. I drove her to the hospital and back, and I drove 40 kilometers to a Radiohead concert (we already had bought tickets), that’s all. I wouldn’t like to drive in a foreign country, although I don’t think Almeria is the most dangerous place to drive.

I’ ve driven all the way as far as Poland. Also a few years ago I had this second hand car bussiness with another partner, and we use to drive to Germany and back to buy Mercedes. I’m pretty much used to drive to Paris, Madrid is a six hour travel by car, but the fuel is so expensive now than you think twice before before using your car, even to go as near as Lisbon.
In any case driving in Portugal or Italy, Spain is better now, for those who are not used for our driving stupidity or madness can be quite tricky.
If I want to go to Almeria in Septmeber, I have to start preparing things now nad if ican make it, it will be only for the weekend.

[quote=“El Topo, post:15, topic:2792”]I’ ve driven all the way as far as Poland. Also a few years ago I had this second hand car bussiness with another partner, and we use to drive to Germany and back to buy Mercedes. I’m pretty much used to drive to Paris, Madrid is a six hour travel by car, but the fuel is so expensive now than you think twice before before using your car, even to go as near as Lisbon.
In any case driving in Portugal or Italy, Spain is better now, for those who are not used for our driving stupidity or madness can be quite tricky.
If I want to go to Almeria in Septmeber, I have to start preparing things now nad if ican make it, it will be only for the weekend.[/quote]

I’m sorry, I can’t make it (I was talking about driving in general)
September is the beginning of the new college year, and I just can’t make it to travel to Spain, my colleagues wouldn’t forgive me

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:16, topic:2792”]I’m sorry, I can’t make it (I was talking about driving in general)
September is the beginning of the new college year, and I just can’t make it to travel to Spain, my colleagues wouldn’t forgive me[/quote]That’s a shame.

Sounds incredible. I wish I was able to go

Driving in Spain was never a problem, but Lisbon was indeed tricky. Like a chaos with an order unknown to foreigners.

The Almeria Festival really sounds great and I would like to go there . I can drive but I would like to see Yodlaf or Sherp driving :wink: .
Unfortunately I’m working (I know it’s stupid) and I have no Holidays left anymore :-[.