Actors with one leading role in spaghetti

(adamm07) #1

Hey, I am sorry if there is a thread like this.
I am talking about actors with one leading role (they could have plenty of supporting roles but only one leading).

My Top 5:
Rod Steiger
Jean-Louis Trintignant
Robin Clarke
Alex Cord
Maurizio Merli

(chameleon) #2

Steve Reeves, Chuck Connors and i’m sure there’s others.

(Bill san Antonio) #3
Maurizio Merli
Merli did few White Fang films along with Mannaja too but it's a matter of personal taste if you can call those westerns I guess.

others:
Yul Brunner
Burt Reynolds
William Shattner
Adam West
Johnny Hallyday

(ENNIOO) #4

Yes, would have loved to have seen Burt Reynolds in another Spaghetti.

(Bill san Antonio) #5

And two more:

Russ Tamblyn
Tom Bosley :smiley:

(I love you M.E. Kay) #6

And one more :

Ron Ely

(Mickey13) #7

What a pity that Robin Clarke didn’t appear in another spaghetti western. He was excellent in Sentenza di morte.

(adamm07) #8
Merli did few White Fang films along with Mannaja too but it's a matter of personal taste if you can call those westerns I guess.

Oh I didn’t know that he was in White Fang films :stuck_out_tongue:

other “one leading role” actors:
Brian Kelly
Tab Hunter
Terry Jenkins
Luke Askew
and John Philip Law (?)

Jenkins and Law were uncharismatic and annoying imo.

What a pity that Robin Clarke didn't appear in another spaghetti western. He was excellent in Sentenza di morte.

completely agreed :slight_smile:

(I love you M.E. Kay) #9

I also agree about Robin Clarke, he was quite good. Although it’s the only film of his I’ve seen, who knows maybe it was a fluke.

(Yodlaf Peterson) #10

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:3, topic:3241”]Merli did few White Fang films along with Mannaja too but it’s a matter of personal taste if you can call those westerns I guess.[/quote]I’m pretty sure he only made the one, Bill.

(Bill san Antonio) #11
I'm pretty sure he only made the one, Bill.
Thanks for correcting me, I thought there were two.

(Yodlaf Peterson) #12

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:11, topic:3241”]Thanks for correcting me, I thought there were two.[/quote]Could you have been thinking of the Franco Nero or Robert Woods films as they made two each?

(chameleon) #13

A few more.

Lang Jeffries( in an underrated spaghetti imo.)

Philippe Leroy

Kirk Morris

(Mickey13) #14

Law was not too bad, of course not great either. I agree about Jenkins though, he gets on my nerves too.

He is considered to be a very good actor at mondo-esoterica.net and he was reportedly good in Inseminoid (1981) too. I know that the flick is claimed to be shitty and I’ve never seen it, but still he might have given a good performance in that one.

(Farmer_J) #15

Would Charles Bronson count? or does that western with Anthony Quinn and him count as a Spaghetti?

(Mickey13) #16

Yes, it counts as a spaghetti western, but he didn’t have a leading role in that one. He was a main character in Chino though.

(Stanton) #17

Neither San Sebastian nor Chino are Spagies imo. They are not even close.

(Mickey13) #18

They are technically, but I agree they are not as far as the general tone and atmosphere is concerned.

(Farmer_J) #19

John Saxon?

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #20

Phillipe Leroy was in Mannaja and Yankee so I don’t think he counts.

How about Yul Brynner. He’s done Euro stuff but as far as I know Adios Sabata was his only SW.

Robert Ryan and Ringo Starr.