Actors with one leading role in spaghetti

Hey, I am sorry if there is a thread like this.
I am talking about actors with one leading role (they could have plenty of supporting roles but only one leading).

My Top 5:
Rod Steiger
Jean-Louis Trintignant
Robin Clarke
Alex Cord
Maurizio Merli

Steve Reeves, Chuck Connors and i’m sure there’s others.

Maurizio Merli
Merli did few White Fang films along with Mannaja too but it's a matter of personal taste if you can call those westerns I guess.

others:
Yul Brunner
Burt Reynolds
William Shattner
Adam West
Johnny Hallyday

Yes, would have loved to have seen Burt Reynolds in another Spaghetti.

And two more:

Russ Tamblyn
Tom Bosley :smiley:

And one more :

Ron Ely

What a pity that Robin Clarke didn’t appear in another spaghetti western. He was excellent in Sentenza di morte.

Merli did few White Fang films along with Mannaja too but it's a matter of personal taste if you can call those westerns I guess.

Oh I didn’t know that he was in White Fang films :stuck_out_tongue:

other “one leading role” actors:
Brian Kelly
Tab Hunter
Terry Jenkins
Luke Askew
and John Philip Law (?)

Jenkins and Law were uncharismatic and annoying imo.

What a pity that Robin Clarke didn't appear in another spaghetti western. He was excellent in Sentenza di morte.

completely agreed :slight_smile:

I also agree about Robin Clarke, he was quite good. Although it’s the only film of his I’ve seen, who knows maybe it was a fluke.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:3, topic:3241”]Merli did few White Fang films along with Mannaja too but it’s a matter of personal taste if you can call those westerns I guess.[/quote]I’m pretty sure he only made the one, Bill.

I'm pretty sure he only made the one, Bill.
Thanks for correcting me, I thought there were two.

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:11, topic:3241”]Thanks for correcting me, I thought there were two.[/quote]Could you have been thinking of the Franco Nero or Robert Woods films as they made two each?

A few more.

Lang Jeffries( in an underrated spaghetti imo.)

Philippe Leroy

Kirk Morris

Law was not too bad, of course not great either. I agree about Jenkins though, he gets on my nerves too.

He is considered to be a very good actor at mondo-esoterica.net and he was reportedly good in Inseminoid (1981) too. I know that the flick is claimed to be shitty and I’ve never seen it, but still he might have given a good performance in that one.

Would Charles Bronson count? or does that western with Anthony Quinn and him count as a Spaghetti?

Yes, it counts as a spaghetti western, but he didn’t have a leading role in that one. He was a main character in Chino though.

Neither San Sebastian nor Chino are Spagies imo. They are not even close.

They are technically, but I agree they are not as far as the general tone and atmosphere is concerned.

John Saxon?

Phillipe Leroy was in Mannaja and Yankee so I don’t think he counts.

How about Yul Brynner. He’s done Euro stuff but as far as I know Adios Sabata was his only SW.

Robert Ryan and Ringo Starr.