Ace High / I quattro dell’Ave Maria (Giuseppe Colizzi, 1968)

Schnittberichte.com has a comparison between an older German version and an older Italian DVD, if that is an indication of the paramount vs uncut Version, then that’s a source to consider

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ll check it out.

The SWDb has no review of the new ACE HIGH BluRay. Can someone write one?

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new “SWDb 3.0” format. Please have a look and let us know if there’s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

New poll on the first post in this topic at the top of the thread.

1 Like

Since I watched ‘God Forgives… I Don’t’ last night, I’m going to continue with the trilogy tonight and revisit ‘Ace High.’ I remember it being less good than the first one but always enjoyed it, so let’s see how it holds up!

I’m not sure about the running time. My DVD is NTSC and is exactly 122 minutes and 23 seconds long.

I’m not so sure now. After revisiting this, I think it’s just as good. Another 5/5

I wrote this in 2018! My feelings have definitely changed a lot since then. It doesn’t try to be epic, it is epic! I can’t wait to rewatch Boot Hill again now. @stanton might be right!

Also got the Kino blu but havent watched it yet, too bad its the shorter cut, thanks Paramount

It’s already an excellent film. Is there anything in the uncut version that improves it? Looks like the international cut is only 10 minutes shorter.

Not sure if this is the correct comparison, but yes, about 10mins difference, and I will never be happy with anything other than an uncut version

Was the entire print dubbed into English?

I don’t know, but it would’ve been nice to have a composite version, with missing pieces subtitled for example (preferred for all movies really, rather than having massive FOMO)

Watching this one now, the visuals of this BluRay are of course a blast… it’ll all go into a Colizzi retrospective article later this month…

Cross posting

1 Like