A Stranger in Town / Un dollaro tra i denti (Luigi Vanzi, 1967)

:smiley: ;D Wooow - finally a decent release!!! Thanks Colosseo - can’t wait:

https://www.amazon.de/Ein-Dollar-zwischen-den-Zähnen/dp/B00BUDAM6S/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=spwdb-21&linkId=dcb4a14c9816234f1c0f0f3b70a546c9&language=de_DE

And also at a more reasonable price from the start than “the stranger returns” edition last year. Only one “stranger” missing now!

Nice price !

Finally a decent release I was desperately looking for!!! Watched a 70 minutes running version of “A Stranger in Town” two years ago which was awfully bad. Hope the new release will be better quality and uncut. :stuck_out_tongue:

Only one "stranger" missing now!
I gather you're on about Get Mean?

The Silent Stranger could do with a better release though as the German one is horrible.

Colosseo releases SWs the way they were meant to be. An role model for any other SW home video company to follow.

Not bothered to watch the release yet, was hoping a longer version may come out, but of course no luck yet.

I have visted this site many many times but never actually became a member…I figured it was about time. I can not wait for this Colosseo release on May 31st. I have yet to grab their release of A Stranger Returns so I will be ordering these both on May 31st.

Don’t think the release is that horrible. Watched it last time on my old telly and noticed that I could do a bit better but I was so glad about having seen it for the first time that I didn’t mind about that nor about some five minutes are missing? Just had a glimpse on it now on my flat screen (that actually is used and was a gift) and Ihave to admit that the quality could be improved - but I generally have the impression that it got harder for the italos to look good on the new flat tellies. I’m seriously thinking about watching the spaghettis again on my old analog set.

“Get mean” as well as “Comin’ at ya” have been announced for years from Koch Media now…at least on this site…maybe one day they slip into one of their new boxes?
By the way what about the re-release in cinemas of the latter one? Last time I heard about it was two years ago when it was screened on one evening in Berlin…? Supose that there are financial obstacles? Would be a pity…

The Silent Stranger should be uncut, until Anthony releases maybe one day his version of the film.

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Ein_Dollar_zwischen_den_Zähnen_-_DVD_Rezension

One of the most popular movies around here, review wise

True, true…

I’ve linked them all ;D

Colosseo disc is so good, will be hard for another release to top it this year

Can’t wait to throw in my disc!!!

Can’t afford the Colosseo disc at the moment but if it looks as good as the sequel…

The fandub of the Japanese disc is good enough for me at the moment.

Saw it in Berlin at Saturn for 15 EUR, but didn’t buy it. Too much for a film I don’t care for, regardless of the release itself.

To be honest guys, the release of Colosseo is solid but far from being perfect IMO. There are still artifacts in the picture and from time to time there are a one or two minor audio dropouts. Technically the release of “The stranger returns” was far better. But nevertheless – I definitely enjoyed watching this restored version of the “Stranger” because I appreciate the Strangers laconic style… ;D 8)

Technically the release of “The stranger returns” was far better

Do you reckon that’s why it was dearer?

Yep, that’s possible – I mean I’m not really in the business of editing and releasing DVD, but if you compare the two releases you can imagine that Colosseo invested some more work in the first than in its second Stranger release. And don’t forget the “Stranger Returns” comes with two DVDs……