A Reason to Live, a Reason to Die / Una ragione per vivere e una per morire (Tonino Valerii, 1972)

For anyone who is a member of Cinemageddon there is a fandub of this just been uploaded that redubs James Coburnā€™s voice from the shorter vhs source onto the Wild East DVD. Not sure how well it has turned out as I am still downloading it as we speak but it will be interesting to check out. Quite an effort on the part of ā€˜Westernfanā€™ though and one well worth doing in my opinion.

Let us know how it is Phil. Wow, I didnā€™t know Coburn actually did a dub of it.

Very strange but his own voice appears in the cut version which usually appears on TV over here but was dubbed by someone else in the longer international version. Why anyone thought dubbing Coburn was a good idea is beyond me. ???

Always annoyed me Coburnā€™s voice was not used on the Wild East disc.

another piece of crap come close with this and is from the same director also ā€˜price of powerā€™

I like ā€œThe Price of Powerā€, but I agree with you about this one.

Not a great SW but I donā€™t think it really qualifies as crapā€¦

Half of it is crap ā€¦

Which half are you referring to? :wink: I admit, I thought it was a little slow but isnt crap kind of harsh? Den Film ist kein Misttueck oder?

A Great Western!!! One of the best top 20!!!

I was thinking more like top 100 but if you say so ;D

92 minutes itā€™s crap the other 10 itā€™s good but canā€™t save the movie from disasterā€¦

Most of the second half, several parts of the first half. Slowness is never a problem for me. A western without any action is also not a problem. Bad action scenes are always a problem.

Den Film ist kein Misttueck oder?

ā€œMiststĆ¼ckā€ ainā€™t a word used for films, but used for woman by idiots or angry men, and the meaning is similar to ā€œbitchā€.
The appropriate German word for a bad film is ā€œScheissfilmā€ (which this one here often is). A direct translation is ā€œshit filmā€ (you know unfortunately cursing is in Germany more anal-retentive), but ā€œcrap filmā€ is probably the better choice. (Circle closed)

Thanks for the correctionā€¦None of my friends have told me Iā€™ve been using it incorrectly! I guess one could say ā€œthat film is a bitchā€ :slight_smile: Sheisskerl is one of my favorite German expressions so Sheissfilm is a good choiceā€¦ Maybe I like this movie since Iā€™m a Bud Spencer fan and I really like the guy who (always?)dubs his voice in Germanā€¦

Du bist ein M ā€¦ !

Ich glaub die Beziehung ist vorbei! ;D

Well I just watched the fandub of the longer version with Coburnā€™s voice cut in and I have to say it is the most Iā€™ve enjoyed this film for a long time. Coburnā€™s voice canā€™t be included throughout of course as he only looped for the shorter version and it is a shame that his characterā€™s voice changes sporadically as a result but, even so, the combination of his voice (for the most part) and the longer cut adds to the filmā€™s value for me and I did find myself enjoying it more.

Well done to Westernfan, whoever you are. A good job well done.

Saw that version too, Phil. Maybe Iā€™ll pick it up then.
Iā€™ve never seen the longer version as far as I know (I thought the chopped-up one was already longish), but Iā€™ll have to do that once

I was a bit afraid of this idea of Coburnā€™s voice being cut in, but apparently they did a good job

Well i,ve got to come out in favour of this filmā€¦thought it was pretty good and entertainingā€¦we need to look at the film as it was made nearly 40 years ago and pretty good at the timeā€¦again its a case of ā€œONE MANS MEAT IS ANOTHER MANS POISONā€ā€¦The film appears to be one of those you just love or hateā€¦maybe some others from our circle of freinds around the globe who hav,nt seen this film yet can give us a bit of inputā€¦would be interesting to get more feedback on this ā€¦

Donā€™t worry, youā€™re not alone here, we have a member who has it in his Top 10 !