A Pistol for Ringo theme vs. The Return of Ringo theme

WHICH MAIN THEME IS THE BEST?

Pick (if you can) between Morricone & Maurizio Graf’s two beautiful masterpieces…
  • A Pistol for Ringo
  • The Return of Ringo

0 voters

Un Pistola per Ringo

I recently rewatched both films, and I must admit that I also prefer the first movie now. The second one is more emotional and has this reference to Homer’s Odyssea, but the first movie has more action and humor. Both films are by the way fine genre examples.

1 Like

You and I are in the minority my friend. :slight_smile:

If we’re just talking about music, then I think I like the second one though.

Yeah, Pistol for Ringo theme

Return of Ringo if we’re choosing movies

Return of Ringo all day long.

Probably my favourite spaghetti theme with lyrics.

No contest. Return is one of the best themes of any movie for my money. Not just any Ringo movie.

Return is better imo, but i liked death of Fernando Sancho more in the first one
how he shouts “Dolores” always make me laugh

“Doloooreeees!” ;D

Return of Ringo for me. I didn’t like the first one all that much.

Its only the theme though, I prefer Return of Ringo as a movie

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:5, topic:2803”]Return of Ringo all day long.

Probably my favourite spaghetti theme with lyrics.[/quote]

Ditto!

not to leave anyone in doubt, i prefer Return theme and i voted for it, its marvelous

the rytern of ringo for me much better!!!

We sure are

I have always preferred Return of Ringo (the movie), but I changed my mind recently. When I first saw A pistol for Ringo I wasn’t very fond of it, too jokey, too light, but it has grown on me over the years and now it’s one of my favorite Gemma’s.
Return of Ringo is of course still a good movie, but some of the elements (the girl, the machine gun, the wounded hand) don’t work for me. What still is fantastic, is this scene with the silhouette of Ringo in the door opening.

yes and me also i saw resently A PISTOL FOR RINGO and yes! it’s much much better than the rytern of ringo
the only problem i had with PISTOL FOR RINGO some scenes are very dark i look forward now to buy koch media for those scenes
it must be a clean now in this print and watchble :smiley:

The Return of Ringo for sure !

The return of Ringo

To be honest, the theme from The Return of Ringo blew me away the first time I heard it. I didn’t think the theme for A Pistol For Ringo was anything special when I first heard it, although I have since revisited it and I like it as well. For me, the whole soundtrack of The Return of Ringo is spectacular. I particularly love the bit where Ringo goes to his old room and opens the music box, which plays a version of the theme. I prefer the film as a whole as well, although they’re both great.

Me too! When I first watched these films, I favored Return, but after repeat viewings, I now prefer Pistol. I love both films of course, but I think Pistol is just a tad better.

For me ‘Return of Ringo’ has the better score,one of the best ever made.
Though ‘Pistol for Ringo’ is the better flic,with a good score,too.
Both are great,like the most Gemma’s :wink:

1 Like

I generally prefer SW themes without singing (with the obvious exception of The Big Gundown) but the main theme in Return of Ringo is so good that you can accept the singing as well but the instrumental a bit slower parts are the best.
The A Pistol For Ringo theme is rather boring even in the instrumental part and must be one of the very weakest by Morricone.
Morricone composed fantastic music for the Gemma SW A Sky Full Of Stars For A Roof and maybe that music could have lifted up A Pistol For Ringo instead since it was probably too good for the other movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL37qoMKxoY