A Pistol for Ringo theme vs. The Return of Ringo theme

I love the A Pistol for Ringo theme. I do prefer
The Return’s theme but I still think the music to A Pistol’s brilliant.

1 Like

The theme from A Pistol For is more fun to play on guitar, the theme for Return of is a better song and fit for the film.

I love both movies, and think the viewing experience is best to see them in close proximity to each other. Return of Ringo has one of my favorite moments in all of spaghetti westerns, though, and it’s one of the reasons I love the theme…when she raises the lantern and recognizes the face of her long-lost husband.

2 Likes

Yes absolutely! When the theme rises to a crescendo as his face is revealed. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up every time.

1 Like

Same. One of my favourite spaghetti moments too and probably my absolute favourite where no action is involved.

1 Like

My hair stood up just now just thinking about it! What fantastic filmmaking!

Both movies and themes are great. I listen to “A Pistol for Ringo” theme more often (and APFR is my favorite out of these two movies), but the “Return of Ringo” theme hits in the feels harder.

Have Ennio Morricone and Maurizio Graf made more songs together?

I love the lantern scene too. :blush: I was very captivated by that scene, it’s simply something so beautiful and emotional

1 Like

Poll man @QuickDraw to the rescue to settle this

1 Like

:joy: very funny, Seb! I am but a minion.

Just to be clear . . . are you saying you want a poll added??? :laughing:

It’s honestly a hard choice, but I agree, I also slightly prefer A Pistol For Ringo - the theme and film. Obviously nothing against Return though, its great in its own right. I would say it is definitely more dramatic in both its theme and tone than the first movie.

1 Like

Definitely
Although if Return of Ringo doesn’t come out a clear winner you should scrap it again.

2 Likes

also true. stop the count :stuck_out_tongue:

We can try to. :slightly_smiling_face: Its live up top now, guys…

Anyone else want to weigh in on this poll with their opinion? Its at the top of the page :arrow_up: to cast your vote.