A nice long chat over a couple of beers

which spaghetti western actors/directors/producers etc living or dead would you most like to spend an evening in a saloon over a few beers discussing their films?

Actors: Lee Van Cleef, Gianni Garko, Tony Anthony, Eli Wallach, Franco Nero
Directors: Sergio Leone, Sergio Corbucci, Sergio Sollima, Ferdinando Baldi, Duccio Tessari

1 Like

So many, so many.

But if pushed I think I would have to go with Milian and Gemma. And I suspect Eli Wallach would be good entertainment for the evening. Maybe Kinski if I was in the mood for a fight.

Of the directors, it would have to be Leone of course. Along with Sollima and Tessari and, just for fun, Signor Fidani!

1 Like

Al Muloch, Willian Berger, Frank Wolff, Luigi Pistili & SD. (The dearly departed)

1 Like

Hahahaha

I think Garko and Anthony Ascott are the two people I would most like to chat with.

But there are others like Berger and George Martin, not to mention Clint Eastwood, Stephen, Van Cleef and Gemma.

1 Like

Aw, you guys have it all wrongā€¦ Wrong!!! Wrong!!!

Nicholetta Machiavelli
Claudia Gravy
Claudia Cardinale

Aw, but if I had to pick a dude, probably Steffen or Garko. Or Tomas ā€œI am so fucking talentedā€* Milian just to take him down a notch about that ego of his.

*actual Milian quote from one of those Blue Underground extras on Run, Man, Run

[quote=ā€œlordradish, post:6, topic:1050ā€]Aw, you guys have it all wrongā€¦ Wrong!!! Wrong!!!

Nicholetta Machiavelli
Claudia Gravy
Claudia Cardinale[/quote]

You are right of course! What was I thinking?? Please change my choices to Nicoletta Machiavelli, Nieves Navarro and Rosalba Neri. Now thatā€™s a night out Iā€™d really enjoy! :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œlordradish, post:6, topic:1050ā€]Aw, but if I had to pick a dude, probably Steffen or Garko. Or Tomas ā€œI am so fucking talentedā€* Milian just to take him down a notch about that ego of his.

*actual Milian quote from one of those Blue Underground extras on Run, Man, Run[/quote]

I think the actual quote was something like ā€œOne thing I know about myself is that Iā€™m fucking talented.ā€ But close enough for the point to stand.

However, as a famous big head from english football once said when accused of being conceitedā€¦ā€œItā€™s not conceited to admit to being good at something when you are.ā€

That pretty much sums up my feelings about Milian. Big ego, yes. But probably no bigger than he deserves. I am, of course, one of what Chris Casey likes to call the ā€œMilian Hordesā€ so may possibly be seen as biased. But in all honesty, when I look at my list of favourite spaghettis not made by Leone, there is one common factor in most of them and it is Tomas. And furthermore, I donā€™t believe any of those films would be nearly as good without him. The Bounty Killer is probably the best example of that in my opinion.

So on my imaginary night out with Nicoletta, Nieves and Rosalba Iā€™ll still keep a chair open for Tommy. If he feels like coming along. ;D

Sartana Django? :smiley: :wink:

I would go for Leone, Milia and LvC. And maybe Fulciā€¦

Cider for me please! Does that count?

Iā€™m sure Loredana Nusciak counts ā€¦ sheā€™s my ā€˜gravyā€™. :-* ;D

:stuck_out_tongue:
I agree and disagree. I think Milian has made some good films and heā€™s made some horrible stinkers. As far as the genre goes, Iā€™ve liked him very much when heā€™s understated (Django Kill) and canā€™t stand it when he overacts (quite often). I think the bigger thing with me is heā€™s got an ego like heā€™s an A-list Hollywood star, where I donā€™t think he even comes close to an Eastwood or Pacino (or even a Gemma or Garko). I moreso see him as an upper-tier B-movie actor. He is indeed in some of the best spags, no doubt, but for me, he doesnā€™t factor so much into why theyā€™re so good (donā€™t kick me out of the club for saying that!):slight_smile:

ANybody see Milian in the prison series on HBO called ā€œOzā€ a few years back? He played an aging convict whose son and grandson were in the same prison, and he had Alzheimerā€™s. Undoubtedly one of the best performances Iā€™ve ever seen from him.Very real and believable, and quite sad, actually.

I agree and disagree. I think Milian has made some good films and heā€™s made some horrible stinkers. As far as the genre goes, Iā€™ve liked him very much when heā€™s understated (Django Kill) and canā€™t stand it when he overacts (quite often). I think the bigger thing with me is heā€™s got an ego like heā€™s an A-list Hollywood star, where I donā€™t think he even comes close to an Eastwood or Pacino (or even a Gemma or Garko). I moreso see him as an upper-tier B-movie actor. He is indeed in some of the best spags, no doubt, but for me, he doesnā€™t factor so much into why theyā€™re so good (donā€™t kick me out of the club for saying that!):)[/quote]

Iā€™m with you lordradish!
So, if they kick you out of the clubā€¦they will have to kick me out, tooā€¦and then we will have to start our own!
:smiley:

To be frank, I never had a real dislike for Milianā€¦until those interviews he did for Blue Underground! I find him very interesting and allā€¦but, he does, indeed come off as entirely conceited. And unlike the famous footballer, I donā€™t think Milianā€™s conceit is warranted.
Films he is brilliant in would include: THE BOUNTY KILLER, THE BIG GUNDOWN, TEPEPA, and FACE TO FACE. I think he is good in DJANGO KILL, too. Films where I think the directors should have reigned him in would have to include: COMPANEROS and SONNY & JED. In COMPANEROS he was fine in some scenes and just too over-the-top in othersā€¦making for a very uneven performance. I think that is why I much prefer THE MERCENARY to COMPANEROS.

But, there I go againā€¦rantingā€¦all thanks to these @#$!%# kidney stones!!!

:frowning:

Oh, almost forgotā€¦
I am also with you in that I would rather spend my chatting time with the ladies!! :wink:
Iā€™d like to have an actual sit-down with Nicoletta. Even though we have spent quite a few hours on the phone and via email, it just isnā€™t the same!

Iā€™d like to spend a couple of hours with Silvana Bacci, Rosalba Neri, Claudia Cardinale, Nieves Navarro, and Pilar Velasquez, to name but a few!

As for the guysā€¦
Well, as with Nicoletta I would like to have actual face to face chatting sessions with Franco Nero (weā€™ve exchanged letters) and Enzo Castellari (like Nicoletta, we have had hours of phone conversations and email correspondence over the years).

I would also like to sit and talk with Richard Harrison, Gianni Garko, George Hilton, Giuliano Gemma, Terence Hill, Robert Woods, Leonard Mann, Tony Anthony, andā€¦okā€¦I confess, Tomas Milian!

I was lucky enough to spend an entire week with Aldo Sanbrell (Sambrell if you prefer the famous misspelling! heh heh!) in California back in 2004 and we have kept up correspondence off and on since then. A great guy!

Lee van Cleef. I have a HUGE crush on him. Sigh.

1 Like

Probably i would choose Volonte and Camaso,there are the most questions.

Very many but to mention a few,

Franco Nero
Lee Van Cleef
Tomas Milian
Tony Anthony
Eli Wallach
Demofilo Fidani
Sergio Corbucci
Tina Aumont
Nicholetta Machiavelli

1 Like

Alcohol free beer Silenceā€¦

Worst invention EVER!

Yes, have to agree.

There are lots of alcohol free stuff but Iā€™ve never heard about alcohol free beer ;).

To be quite honest, all the prior choices are obvious, but it would be even better to have these beers, with these sw greats, along with a few of you here on the forum. Phil H, Ennioo & Pacificador to name a few. Me, swā€™s greats, fellow forumites & of courseā€¦ BEER! (the staring role) :wink:

Oh & of course the saloon would have to be all ages so I can buy Korano & Silence a Mountain Dew!